Kosmo Euclidean Rhythm Generator

Yeah, I really like the idea of CV-controlled sequence parameters. You might find some ideas here if you haven’t seen it yet.

3 Likes

For sure. The external clock input on my module was originally meant to be a CV input, which is why it’s (oddly) on an analog pin. I may redo it with a CV for each trigger at some point.

2 Likes

I finally have a bit of time to work on things during the holiday break and fixed an embarrassing bug in the source code that caused a 1 step stutter at the end of sequences. It now sounds like it should, and I’ve been happily kicking out funky beats this morning with some new drum modules I’ve added to the rack. Sad that I had to rush to build and debug things during the semester for my students, and didn’t really have a chance to enjoy the finished products until now.

4 Likes

I found a stutter when running the instructable code some time ago. Do you have a link to the latest version? Is it on github or somewhere similar?

B.t.w. my version is coming along nicely:

2 Likes

That looks terrific!

The stutter was fixed in December. You should be able to redownload the code from the instructable and it will be fixed.

I started working on variable sequence length code, but it’s not finished and I’m in the middle of the FIRST robotics competition season now. Maybe I’ll finish that this Summer and add some CVs.

Larry

2 Likes

I’ve been working on the software of Euclid-O-Matic, which is based on the euclidean rhythm generator. So far I’ve added:
1: that each trigger output can have its own pattern, the copy of the code I used was not stable in that respect. 2: Furthermore I added variable pattern length, and now I’m working on what I call 3: patch memory. It will be possible to store 16 patches where each patch comprises the settings of all 4 trigger outputs (pattern length, pattern, nr of triggers etc). This can be stored in de nano’s EEPROM. At startup the patch last used is restored. I added 4 CV inputs to the original design. Maybe I will use one of those as a program change input.

3 Likes

I was using the Euclid-O-Matic today and missed the possibility to mute channels. So … I added it. Ha, that’s the nice thing about DIY. You need something new, you add it! Using the tap button as a shift button and pressing one of the A, B, C, D channel buttons I can now toggle mute the respective channel. You can find the updated code at my github repo.

2 Likes

ahh, nice to see you are still coming back to that one! My version is currently resting in a drawer, kinda forgotten but I sent a few boards to a friend and he’s playing with the code on it too.

1 Like