Is there a Kosmo look/feel?

I’m assuming that the general look and feel is that created by LMNC, with graphics and make-noisy lines. Is this correct? Or is there a more popular look/feel?

1 Like

That sort of thing does seem to be popular, especially in one-off modules with hand made panels. But here are some images from kosmodulargrid.com illustrating some varying approaches:

@TimMJN

@Sonosus
@sebastian
@Dud
@jkb
@Dave
@tamasgal
@analogoutput

10 Likes

Really appreciate that! I didn’t even know there was a kosmodular grid, so that is super helpful. thank you!

3 Likes

Here’s a 1/8” to 1/4” panel I’m about to have made - super random and makes no sense but I love it! :rofl:

7 Likes

Also some pics of Kosmo set up here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was tempted to design kosmo in merican units, but wanted to use existing kosmo. I suppose one could always in a custom case, have rows for diff sizes.

2 Likes

Sorry, should have specified! This is going to be a 1/8” jack to 1/4” jack with an indicator led when both are plugged in. It’s 100cm wide and 200cm tall - still sticking to the good ol Kosmo format! :grin:

2 Likes

You can tell I just woke up cause I thought the module’s dimensions were that small.

1 Like

Now that would be interesting! :rofl:

That’s one hell of a module, you might need a step ladder…

8 Likes

The war between compact size and big knobs is getting out of hand.

9 Likes

I remember there being examples of other colors of the PCB used for panels, example being purple panels.

The flying saucer knobs are common but I remember 3D printed knobs.

Actually come to think of it there’s a small amount of 3D printed panels.

There’s a lot of black spray paint on reused plywood look/feel and then the plywood rails with aluminum or brass screws to mount modules. Because I’m not experienced with woodworking I’d like to see a discourse open to how to make a two-part textured coating on a birch case and how to put threaded ‘tiptop’ rails in a Kosmo. I’m not sure if it’s called ‘tiptop’ but the rails on MLDRCase Pro cases are preferable.

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

How many times will it take to get it right? :rofl:

***10cm wide and ***20cm tall!

Although I’m not opposed to a 100x200cm module in the least

6 Likes

TipTop is a brand name and they have one version of the extruded aluminum rails. Gie-Tec is the source for the rails used by Doepfer. Vector TS600 rails are another option. If you use the search tool here for those terms you’ll find information.

2 Likes

Kosmo look and feel? Maybe not.

I think there’s most likely a Kosmo smell. The dry throat-catch of recently planed timber and the heady aroma of all the magic smoke that’s been offered up to the great god Kosmo.

9 Likes

I’m fence-sitting on it just because while I want similarities to my Eurorack case there’s Kosmo things that might make Vector TS600 appealing… All I want is for them to be threaded for M3 screws but could go for Gie-Tec or Vector TS600.

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

I think you’re actually rail-sitting.

3 Likes

tried the metal rails found them to be a pain in the ass , I use wood rails in both my kosmo and eurorack cases . 3.5mm jacks in my kosmo stuff too. I will have to admit I have table saw , miscellaneous tools and wood cut offs from jobs , so its cheap and easy for me to use wood rails .

3 Likes

My modules were red but movibg to purple .
l
smal davies 1900H yellow knobs ,

1 Like

" look / feel " is a bit chaotic with a good part of the set up being diy panels .

15 Likes