Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

That looks amazing !! I especially like the blue/ pink VCF.

4 Likes

looks great , glad you are enjoying . don’t worry about the English its as good as a lot of people that use it as a first language lol.

4 Likes

I encourage you to write more if you’re able to. Your English is great, with very few grammatical errors. Your setup looks amazing. If you have a website or YouTube videos, I’d also love to see them. Let me worry about understanding your Japanese.

And of course, Welcome to our little corner of heaven.

5 Likes

Nice panels! Could you maybe explain how you made these?

4 Likes

Actually I never record any sound of my gear in my life.
Maybe this is the good time to do it.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I have twitter account for synth and artwork (@Labo871).
It’s not informative by any means though.

I use 2mm thick aluminium sheet metal and sticker.

Software for panel design is Clip Studio Paint, it’s made for comic and artwork. Not suitable for this kind of application, but that is what I already have and familiar with. And most importantly it works!

22 Likes

God help us if you ever start using something suitable! :laughing: Looks amazing.

6 Likes

very cool, I too have hardly made a sound from my rig , probably because my musical skills are ZERO

4 Likes

Also lack of equipment doesn’t help me.

1 Like

My musical skills are zero as well. I still make random, generative noise’s. I found that Clouds is a great module for that sort of thing. Also I just built 1 Song by Barton which generates random songs. Very handy.

4 Likes

Synth DIY in a nutshell? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ok, here we go: new thread

1 Like

Hello, I just arrived in this place. I didn’t know it existed. It seems great.
I have build and mostly modded a lot of guitar and synth stuff… some circuit bending too.
I am a long time fan of lookmumnocomputer.
My dream is to do an electrified piano one day, a serge wavefolder in a pedal…
I am learning accordion and planning to change every keyboard I have to an accordion keyboard as it is the most ergonomic keyboard ever made.

7 Likes

I hope this is the right place to introduce myself.
My name is irvan (swirv) I live down river a few miles from New Orleans, Louisiana. I’m an electrician, 9v circuit builder (a lot from here) I’m 54 and enjoy building stuff.
I’ve been lurking here for almost 3 years, enjoying the knowledge all of y’all have and greatly appreciate it.
Now I’m exploring the world of the kosmo format.
I put my foot in the door and got some AS3340’s.
I need to design a case then peep out the power supply dept.
I’ve alway checked this site daily for new ideas.
Thank you all for sharing,

16 Likes

Welcome to the forum Swirv. Enjoy mate.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
I am John and go by the name Expensive Notes on Youtube.
I have made various things so far. Here are some links if you are interested…

I have been interested in Sam’s stuff for several years. I am keen to see what others come up with.
Cheers,
John

6 Likes

My name is Ed. I live in the US and work in IT. I’ve always been interested in electronics–took classes in college towards an EE degree, but never finished, and I love electronic music. I like fixing things and understanding how they work. I’m just getting into Eurorack and have decided to try building most of my modules. Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum!

10 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Rob

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Nick, and I’ve been into modular synthesizers for about 4-5 years or so now. I got into DIY not just as a way to save money, but also because I’ve always been very interested in circuit design and modding/hacking electronics. Excited to finally be a member of this wonderful community!

9 Likes