Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

What I learned from Sam. This is a stasis leak

The panel is way to thin but beautiful copper.

8 Likes

Hi guys

I am B.rock. I have been fucking about with computer (and non computer) music’s for about 25 years, but I still think I am a beginner.

I have been to a couple of Sam’s gigs and I am a long time fan.

I now build my own eurorack kit and I need help, cos without help, nothing ever works.

Cheers, B.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

welcome to the forum , yeah that sounds familiar .

3 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Damien,
I started to get interested in eurorack a year ago, I’ve already made some DIY modules, I’m not a musician, nor an electronics engineer, but I have a few basic notions.
I have already spent a lot of time on this forum where I found a lot of informations and some diagrams that I reproduced with more or less success.
So, I wanted to thank you and I hope to be able to contribute soon.

9 Likes

Hello everybody,

I just took a dive into the modular void by building my first module (1222 VCO) with my son. He loves soldering and building electronic projects, and I thought building a modular synth would be a fun project we could build together. Oh boy, this void appears to be endless. This is going to get weird.

15 Likes

It fills faster than you think. Waaaaay faster.

6 Likes

LOL yeah you got that right . welcome to the forum , hope you guys have fun with your projects .

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum !
Nice start :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am prepared for that. I designed the case for cnc so I can make more easily.

5 Likes

Do you have plan files for your case?

1 Like

Yes. It is in Fusion 360 and meant to be cut from 12mm or 1/2" plywood. Though, it is set up so the parameters can be easily adjusted. I can put the files up somewhere if anyone wants them.

4 Likes

Yes please! I am currently building an MPCNC so would love to have a simple project for it once it’s done.

3 Likes

Hi

Alexander from Hamburg in Germany here. I’m a software developer working as SEO / online marketing. I stumbled upon Sam on Youtube, probably something about furbies or gameboys in 2020 and got hooked. I’m no musician but I enjoy knobs, buttons and noise. I have no clue about electronics except what i (should have) learned about flipflops 'n stuff many years ago at school.

my first project is / was a fartbox we’ll see where we get from there :slight_smile:

11 Likes

HI,

My name is Raymond and I run Arcadecomponents. I fix old computer logic boards (the stuff from the 70s and 80s) and video arcade game logic boards. If you’re into the arcade scene you might know me as channelmaniac.

I started getting into music years ago but for some unknown reason, stopped. About a year ago I picked up some amps and synths to repair and started to get into building a modular synth.

I love tinkering with circuits and have recently discovered some microprocessor addressable DTMF generator chips in a piece of telco gear I scrapped for the EuroDIN rails. I think that’ll be my next module build using an Arduino Nano. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi

Im Patrick from Gloucestershire in the U.K.
Im a master technician at a hyundai dealership
I started off playing guitar from a young age and Played in a few punk bands. Last was a phschadellic/cosmic rock/funk band which was pretty interesting.

I got into electronic music production during the first lockdown at the height of the pandemic mostly trying to recreate 90s oldskool rave,jungle and trance but soon grew very fond of synthesizer thats when i stumbled across LMNC. I bought the book make: anolog synthesizer by ray wilson last year but never got round to it but last month i decided that i would start my journey on building a diy modular. Started watching many youtube vids including moritz kleins vco series while breadboarding and got an idea on why Some of the components are arranged the way they are.

Anyway ive built the case in kosmo format and frequency central power supply and a strip board bus

I also settled to build the CEM3340 vco using lMNC stripboard layout. Unfortunely i cant get any sound from it only loud buzzing from some of the outputs. I cannot for the life of me figure out where i gone wrong. Very frustrating :disappointed:

10 Likes

Hi Patrick, welcome, and read these if you haven’t!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone

Hope everyone is good.

My name is Alex, I live in Brighton, UK

I stumbled into this world while researching euro rack gear. I was looking to build a euro rack synth for a non profit, Audio/Visual art project I am working on about Autism.

I realised euro rack modules were to pricey for the limited funding I have, and started researching d.i.y modules to build at home. So I landed on this. Seems like the right place. I’m from a jazz background, but have moved onto electronic music in recent years. Generally use stuff like Ableton, ekektron digitakt, polyend tracker etc I am an artist also.

My goal is to try and build a modular synth for my project, and not blow myself up.

Cheers

12 Likes

good idea , welcome to the forum .

analog output [ Richard ] likes to tease me about having this on my work bench but hey you never know lol.

6 Likes