Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

Yo!
I guess I go by Hanged Man now. My pseudonyms have changed over the years, but I think this one is “the one”.
I’ve been learning about audio engineering, music production and sound design for about 3 years now, give or take a few months. I’ve always had a passing interest in electronics, but I’ve been finding that learning more about it and gathering tools & components has been both easier and more necessary in my life as of recent.

I recently got employed by a pawn shop (I’ve worked in one before, but this shop seems to have their shit together), and I’ve taken it upon myself to further my skills to not only be their repair guy, but also to be able to make my own doo-dads.

I’m waiting on some components to fix a bass, circuit bend some stuff I have lying around and to build an oscilloscope. My “bandmate” and I are also trying to figure out how to use a 2 stroke motor as a cv clock source, so stay tuned for that lads and laddettes!

I just joined the forum, but I’m hoping that this place is a good fit for me. Other than lurking 4chan & Reddit (with the rare post or reply), I’ve never really been part of a forum community before. Y’all seem pretty swell at a cursory glance.

Nice to meet yas

8 Likes