How’s everybody holding up?

I only started keeping up with twitter, but i self-limit by only going to specific pages and checking updates with bookmarks. its too easy to get sucked in. Im really only doing it to keep up with trends politically and i only have done that recently because primaries in the US were happening. Now with Covid-19. I kinda regret it cause social media is kinda horrible for my psyche. Im definitely going to tone it down more.

3 Likes

I made an improvised lithium charger for my ebike from bits I found clearing out cupboards, only had one charger for the two batteries on the bike. Works very well it does, and it can be a lab power supply also.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Busy little things aren’t they!

2 Likes

The Prime Minister has tested positive for Coronavirus. Confirmed cases have settled into a doubling time of -four- three days. A former local councillor who represented my ward of the city has died of Covid-19.

Today I went on a shopping trip but ended up leaving after buying nothing (and touching nothing) because I didn’t trust the people who run the supermarket. Their attempts at hygiene were risible. Neither did I trust the customers, who seemed feckless and unconcerned about physical distancing. They have no automated checkouts, which means their checkout staff are obligate superspreaders.

Another supermarket, closer to my home and the source of much of my family’s food, was ram raided last night by thieves who made off with some alcohol. Despite that the staff opened it up today after the metal shutters were repaired.

3 Likes

I don’t think people really get it, their minds just can’t cope with the sudden and drastic change, so they ignore it? Can’t figure out the root of the apathy…

Oh no, not poor BoJo! (Incidentally while we’re in a thread which already contains a reference to the Doctor, isn’t that what the Judoon chant?)

1 Like

Have you seen them squirt a turd yet? One of the most surprising moments of my life was at the Omaha Zoo. I thought he’d sat on a poor frog who just barely escaped, then through the under-water view of the glass, I saw what had really escaped. I’ve never been more glad for a piece of glass.

1 Like

Heh… not seen that yet! I’d better go grab some sleep, already posted the same thing twice in as many threads.

Benefit #42 of working from home, soldering during conference calls:

5 Likes

Dude, please grab that drill before it falls off the speaker. As if I didn’t have enough anxiety already!

5 Likes

Done! Also, getting to 20 character post minimum.

2 Likes

I’ll trade you your doubling every 4 days (really its 3) to our doubling every 2.5 ish. :slight_smile:

@ChristianBloch You know thats not a bad idea. Might steal.

I always find comfort from this clip. It gives me faith in humanity.

4 Likes

(that DL4 in the foreground sent me on a brief Mats/Morgan listening spree)

3 Likes

Forget the drill. That line 6 Pedal is going to go flying.

2 Likes

I got the shakes again, they come and go. Trying to watch some classic 60s sci-fi to distract. Anyone seen a series called “The Prisoner”, it seems sane compared with what’s happening. Anyone else here got an anxiety disorder? How are you coping?

4 Likes

I’m a carer for a family member who is high functioning autistic and prone to crippling anxiety. I know I can’t help you much online, but I just want you to know you’re not alone and there are people who care.

The Prisoner was one of my favourite shows during my childhood. Patrick McGoohan had earlier starred in a series called Danger Man, in which he played a special agent, and so the opening titles in which he resigns and is then incapacitated and transported to a mysterious village seemed to follow on from that.

It’s still fun to watch. If you like it, and you haven’t watched the British TV series The Avengers, that’s worth looking at too (particularly the Cathy Gale and Emma Peel runs.)

3 Likes

The DL4 is one of my favorite pedals! I have that whole series, minus the distortion unit, but both the DL4 and FM4 are two of my favorites.

2 Likes

I’d recommend guided meditations. There are a lot of good ones free on YouTube. You can find them for anxiety, peace, healing, just about anything mental really ranging from straightforward neuroscience to trippy hippy talk. It generally brings me down to earth.

I scooped out a bunch of crud from my closet and use that to chill when i have a meltdown situation. I got a beanbag chair, d&d books, a little light etc. I bring in the nintendo switch and chill vibe on reading or podcasts.

I cope with difficult times by remembering they will not last forever. Everything is fleeting, so endure the rough times, and enjoy the good times.

Find something to gives you something else to focus on. It is important to actually work through your emotions, and using a hobby or some relaxing entertainment is helpful to many. Find someone to talk to if thats your thing. :slight_smile: We are all in this together.

4 Likes