Frequency Central responsiveness, delivery times

Hey all, I recently decided to really start building a modular and went on a spending spree buying a bunch of Kosmo modules from Sam and a whole shipload of pots and electronic components from the likes of tayda, thonk and banzaimusic.

So far I’ve received everything except the psu and bus I ordered from Frequency Central. I’m kinda loath to start assembling without the ability to power and thus test new modules, because I know myself and don’t want to get discouraged should I get a backlog of non-functional modules that I then wil need to troubleshoot and fix

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have any experience to share about Frequency Centrals delivery times and responsiveness. I placed my order on december 14th. As I was ordering a lot of stuff from a lot of places I didn’t notice it hadn’t shipped until 2 weeks later. I sent an email asking about that status, but as that was sent on christmas day I don’t expect a reply until januari.

1 Like

Of course, an hour after posting this I get a reply and it’s being send asap now they have restocked the Eletechsup DD1718PA.

I wonder if they’re on this board too? :smile:
If so, hi Rick and thanks a lot!

3 Likes

Holidaze are always an absolute party of delays

2 Likes

I have an order with them that I have been waiting for a month now . the post office supposedly got hold of the package on nov. 29 . e mailed twice and no word yet , shit the parts from China for the module showed up already . I have ordered stuff from them with no problems before . it was right on the post strike days so something has happened to the package and it would be nice to at least hear something from them .

Yeah, im in the Netherlands and brexit really fucked deliveries from uk. I’ve 3 VCOs in the mail from Sam that were posted december 10, while the Tayda stuff I ordered from freaking thailand arived within 4 days

1 Like

Got a (non electronics) order from England shipped December 3, not here (upstate New York) yet.

1 Like

Also still waiting on my filter GRR pcb that I ordered end of November (to Germany). If that is because of the strikes, I have no problem with it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Within the UK the postal strikes have had a massive impact. I’ve basically had a postal blackout for the past 2 weeks so I’d imagine it’s had a knock on effect for delays with international post.

1 Like

Sure, once it has left the webshops warehouse its out of their hands and I don’t blame them at all.

I have to say though, my Thonk order that was shipped with fedex arrived literally overnight (shipping wasnt that much mor expensive either). And the fact that Thonk takes care of VAT and duties according to destination country means there wasn’t even a customs delay or surprise additional costs.

Tbh I think UK webshops should take a good look at Thonks example…

2 Likes

I did hear back from Frequency Central and it is really up to the post now . it sucks they don’t give you a shipping option , it has to go through royal mail . but I do sympathize with the postal workers and hope they get what they are asking for ! . so I just wait …

3 Likes

VCO’s just arrived, so that’s nearly a full month since they were shipped.
Still waiting for the PSU but they were updated as having left the UK today…

2 Likes

FC order arrived yesterday

still waiting …
have a wonderful day everyone !

1 Like

My (non FC, non synth) order shipped on 3 Dec never showed up here. I requested a replacement. There was a computer attack on Royal Mail in about December/January which stopped international shipping. They resumed around February 20 and my replacement order got to me on about March 10.

1 Like

took a little over 3 months to get my order from FC that I ordered in nov. but it did finally show up and they did give me a small [ 10 % ] discount on future order .

1 Like