FREQUENCY CENTRAL Microbus (Power Supply) [BOM]

You’re right , I guess it is a mix.

Funny enough , the triple spashback is the only one I didn’t buy. I already had a Stasis leak .

This year has been so darn crazy though, I’m just getting around to building now.

2 Likes

I keep seeing the FC PSU can deliver 500mA at the +/-12V rail. Does this mean it can deliver a combined total of 500mA, or does it mean the +12V rail can deliver 500mA and the -12V can deliver an additional 500mA?

2 Likes

500mA one each side (more carracters…)

3 Likes

Thanks, it looks like I can get away with just buying one then… for now

1 Like

(it depends on the modules of course) but one for approx 8/10/12 modules max

4 Likes

Hey, could I use a 500mA powerd adapter instead of a 1A?

1 Like

More amps on your adapter = more modules you can power off one power supply. In the US you can get a 2 amp. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5CEDRM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3O3SSGGJLKX15&psc=1

2 Likes

would I be able to power three modules with 500mA?

2 Likes

Yes.

I’d say so.

As you add modules. Up the wattage.

Edit: up the amps for clarity

3 Likes

id recommend at least 1.5 amps

well the thing is I need to be able to power three modules by the 31st. and the only power adapter I can get in that time is 500mA, later i’ll probably get another one.

2 Likes

yes 500mA for 3 modules that’s ok

2 Likes

I am new to all of this, and not building anything at the moment. But i was curious, using the frequency central supply and the 1500ma walmart, how many modules can you run? I am asking because i wanted to decide when it comes time to build to build 1 or 2 from the beginning.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

that depend of the consumption of each module

look here some numbers

you can counted near 50mA for each module

on the FC website :
" FC Power works from a 12V/1000mA AC wallwart and provides ~500mA at +/-12V, ~100mA at 5V (optional)."

so near of 10 modules for each FC power supply (except if this is 10 Safety Valve ahah )

7 Likes

Hi I’m new, sorry if this is a rehash but where can I buy the FC powerboard pcb’s? I’m in Australia.
Otherwise I’ll get some printed if I can find the gerbers. Cheers.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

for a gerber one maybe here

surly a thread about it in the forum …

3 Likes

And if you want it with an additional bus board then you can use my version.

4 Likes

the link don’t work for me
?

Try now?

2 Likes

Got the gerber thanks bro. Now to source parts!

3 Likes