Farini - VC AD / ADSR

Time for me to show my next module

A voltage-controlled switchable AD AR ADSR envelope generator, in 100mm wide Kosmo format.

• Switchable between AD and ADSR

• Loopable

• End Of Cycle output

• Output can be inverted for ducking

• When in AD mode use the trigger input

• When in ADSR mode, use the gate input to start the envelope, the trigger input will retrigger the attach phase

• When in cycle mode use no inputs

• Based on the AS3310

Contained are schematics & Gerber files for PCB fabrication of both electrical and front panels. This is suitable for entry-level however a basic level of electronics, soldering, fault finding, and some basic tools are required.

I have a couple of board sets, and will consider swaps for any Kosmo module sets, I’m UK-based.

12 Likes

Any demo audio or video you can provide ?

2 Likes

Maybe I should strap my phone to my bike stand and make one, hopefully, I shall find time tomorrow.

2 Likes

This looks excellent! I’ve been thinking about making a module to just invert my envelope generator to make a “ducking” function, but the combination of utilities on this module is great, I’ll have to build one. Thanks!

2 Likes

For a very simple circuit for ducking, there 's this on

2 Likes

@Dud you’re an amazing resource! So much you pull out so quickly!

3 Likes

Thanks but I just wrote “ducking” in the forum search engine (this is the real resource here), well it’s true I knew it was somewhere because I posted it :wink: , but yes this forum is starting to contain a ton of info, thanks everyone !!!

3 Likes

I started fiddling with the kicad file for this and ended up attempting to make it into a euro module. I am about 75% done now so all being well, I can send it away to jlc so i can test it. If everything is cool with the OP I’ll post the kicad/gerbers to github

4 Likes

@Kelaifu

Nice work converting to eurorack, of course, you can post your version to GitHub, send me a link when you are done and I will add it to the documentation.

1 Like

First time trying to use kicad for an actual circuit, so I won’t be surprised if it doesnt work, but I think I have learnt a fair bit about kicad in the process. Thanks for you hard work and I’ll hopefully post some good news later!

5 Likes

@Kelaifu

Can you let me know once you have gotten the pcbs and tested it? I’d like to get one of these for my Eurorack case too.

2 Likes

I don’t know how many are left, I just swapped for one.

1 Like

Sorry that message was meant for Kelaifu as I was interested in the Eurorack version he is laying out in kicad. Thanks for letting me know though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

sure, I’ll post it to github once its finished, I’ll discuss with the OP and post either in the relevent sections here (I think we have a non-kosmo section), or over on MW. I am now on my 3rd attempt at the layout, and assuming I didnt make any stupid mistakes, it’s looking great.

2 Likes

@Kelaifu Let me know if you need help. I’ve worked a lot in KiCad the past year. A couple of amazing board members taught me last year and I’m happy to pay it forward. :slight_smile: I’ve also done a ton of panels for Eurorack lately if you want help with that.

5 Likes

Looks like there is an issue with the board’s marked v0.2 Oct 2021, where one of the pots is not connected to ground. I have updated github with revised gerbers. The schematic has remained unchanged.

For those with v0.2 boards @TimMJN @Sonosus , this issue can be solved in DIY style, where the GND connection to the pots on the top row can be connected together.

4 Likes

Duly noted, thanks, will fix!

2 Likes