Euro rack version of Daisy Seed

It was only a matter of time for someone to make a euro rack module for the Daisy Seed. This one (it is a prototype, but a follow up version is on its way) is open source:

5 Likes

Keeping an eye on this. Don’t need the rotary encoder, display or the MIDI but the rest looks really handy.

1 Like

Makes me wonder what you are planning to do with it. Do explain.

1 Like

I think I talked about this in another thread, but I’d like to build a simple WAV sampler, a granulator, a wavetable synth and a PaulStretch/PadSynth machine, for starters. I’d like to see how well the Vult programming language works with it as well since I used that for a few projects, so I could have a filter with switchable characteristics.

PaulStretch isn’t designed to be realtime, as you said, but I think I can sample/render to a buffer and then control the playback speed in realtime. PadSynth is a very similar algorithm that is meant to be played in real time so I’m fairly confident I can get some combination of them working.

1 Like

Looking forward to that !

1 Like

Me too! But my TODO pile is growing larger and larger every day.

I don’t know if you like noise and grindcore, but I stretched out some Bandit with PaulStretch and it’s the heaviest shit I’ve ever heard in my life.

2 Likes

It works on everything.

2 Likes

Well, not so much on ‘grunting’, I noticed. But yes, almost any tune can be turned into ambient music using PaulStretch.

1 Like