DIY repositories

Yes, it is. The first time it happened to me I about lost it because I thought it was the site telling me I had done something illegal when I hadn’t. It feels very much like guilt by association, which I guess technically it is. This is why I always put my clients on dedicated IP’s instead of shared. You pay more for it but then the whole mess with shared IPs isn’t happening.

1 Like

What also catches my attention is the possibility of the user losing all posted content in the event of an accidental ban. Since accidental bans are recurrent, as can be seen in the help section of the site.
I don’t know if there is a way to recover the data, I’m just considering the warning pointed out in the response I received.

1 Like

A Modular Mixer by Sam Kent

and there is more here: https://samjkent.co.uk/

and here: samjkent (Sam Kent) · GitHub

6 Likes
5 Likes

Very nice. Thanks @analogoutput .
They had me at Juno oscillator, as the popular phrase goes.

3 Likes

I am working (gradually) on a Kosmo version of Castor and Pollux but am going to start by converting Big Honking Button to Kosmo so I can get used to programming the SAMD21 chip, which I haven’t used before.

7 Likes

Nice! I was thinking about this myself.

3 Likes

What does this module plz ?

because for me “Castor and Pollux” mean only that for me (in french “beaver” = “castor”)

8 Likes

It’s a dual oscillator module.

For each oscillator you have:

• Ramp output
  • Pulse output
  • Triangle output
  • Sub output
  • Mix output(the above can be mixed together)

There’s also a dual oscillator output that cross-fades between osc 1(Castor) and osc 2 (Pollux).

I think the name comes from Greek/Roman mythology.

I will start a thread about this sometime.

Edit: video embed from that page

Edit edit:
There is an excellent writeup by her on the design of both the module and the oscillator core.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Sonosus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dintree’s relocated:

3 Likes

pollux et le modulaire enchanté ahah Zeebuuuloooon !! tournicoton

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve a good mind to write up all these repos into a big list somewhere. They seem to get lost under all the new posts.

I agree, a series of posts is a cumbersome way to list all repositories endered. Maybe this thread should be converted to a list or something similar. Is that possible?

1 Like

Maybe a wikified post somewhere. I’ll investigate tomorrow. It would be good to let anyone edit though, I think you need to have a certain trust level for wiki editing.

1 Like

But a monolithic list of a hundred or more links isn’t that useful either — better to have them in various categories or something, and maybe just because a GitHub repo exists doesn’t mean it should be included; a dozen really useful links is better than a hundred “well I found this so here it is” links.

And then there’s link rot. I’d be surprised if at least 10% of the links posted here aren’t bad already. A link list is not very useful if no one’s checked them in a year or three.

So to be useful a link list should be, I think, curated, categorized, and maintained. Which is a lot of work. And wikifying it doesn’t eliminate the need for someone(s) to take care of keeping it consistent, relevant, and up to date.

4 Likes

I made 2 lists, still in progress but every help is welcome =)
the first one by “maker” Modular_Synth/Open-source_list.md at main · Pl0p/Modular_Synth · GitHub
the second one by type of modules : Modular_Synth/List_by_function.md at main · Pl0p/Modular_Synth · GitHub

When i saw new entry here i add it to the first one =)

4 Likes

Cool, just the old Niklas Ronnberg link don’t work now, you need the archive one :wink:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210506043430/http://familjenronnberg.se/~niklas/diy.php

1 Like

It still work for me : Niklas R�nnberg's homepage - Audio DIY :laughing:

1 Like