Difficulties with lmnc vca

Hey everyone, just completed lmnc #1181 dual vca. Channel 1 working perfectly but channel two has no output. The LED outputs correctly (which to me implies it’s almost working) but no sound.

Guessing it’s a solder joint somewhere that’s not taken, I have tested multimeter on the jacks on channel 2 and visually checks all other joints but not found the problem.

I’m no electrical engineer so any other advice on where to check would be gratefully received.

1 Like
5 Likes

Cheers will give that a read now! Given up for tonight with the actual tinkering…soldering iron is off but will be first thing once back from work tomorrow (maybe even before kettle)! Will let you all know how it goes.

5 Likes

Finally got this module working (well sort of!). Both channels work now however the first channel now is distorted for some reason (almost like it’s going through a heavy overdrive pedal). Will probably leave it like it is as it is nice to have both options available tbh! (Unintended bonus)

great news its working! how annoying on the distortion sounds like something might nit be getting to ground fully. most of the time none perfect solder joints are on the ground plane if you can turn up your soldering iron and reflow the ones that look like they have bits that connect to the big chunk of copper going around the whole circuit board id definitely suggest to do that! :D.

1 Like

like wise like you said if you wanna just leave it haha just leave it!!@!! its character an accidental distortion module!!!

1 Like