Arduino Euclidean Rhythm Generator

Hi Mr. Holmes,

First of all thank you for replying.
Really appreciate it. Also the referrals to manuals for me to check in order to get the issue solved. Well the issue was solved pretty quick. As soon as i grounded my clock input jack, the symbols on the display started to move. Grounding jacks is not always nessesary when trying, but in this case it was nessesary.

Youre right. Iam building the Hagiwo Euclidean sequencer. also in the code hagiwo provided (downloaded ino file) was missing the clock input, so i have added that to and now everything works.

For the 6 outputs, i didnt use 5.1v zeners and 470 ohms resistors, but connected the digital outputs directly to the non inverted inputs of 1 TL074 and 1 TL072,
Making the opamps function as a buffer, and with 1k resistor at the outputs for protection.

Thanks again and have a nice day

1 Like

Is there any way to knock down the brightness of just one set LED’s? Or are they all pretty intrinsically linked?

The pink ones that I picked might be a little bit ‘eye searing’.

Hi, i believe from the top.of my head i saw 2 3.3k resistors going to the oled display. Can you try to increase the resistance? Not sure if this works tho but sounded logical to me.

Sorry for the late reply!

Easiest way would be to increase the value of the resistor on pin 20 of led driver of that channel. Current value is 4.7k, maybe 10k would be better? Another option is to do it in code, you’d need to rewrite a little bit to get different brightness for each channel.

No worries. I’ve found its good for me to slowly simmer on my projects rather than rush through. I do have some questions though.

About the LED brightness - I did see the part of the code related to brightness but if I understand correctly that one value would adjust the brightness on all four channels. I only need to adjust the brightness of the top array - the one that goes to OUT 1.

If I am understanding correctly I would need to adjust R5 (currently a 10K).

About the expander:

I made my own connector that corresponds to the arduino:

It almost works. The potentiometers on the expander work but nothing happens when I give it a CV. I have the feeling my bad crimping job is giving me issues - the LEDs flicker more than I would like. I am going to try to remake the cable and report back.

1 Like

I think it should be R15, currently 4.7k.

The pot and the cv get mixed on the expander, so one working but not the other can’t be related to your crimping. I would check the solder joints on the jacks, and check the opamps.

Hope that helps!

[edit] now I remember the pots are not cv settings, but attenuators. I think the problem is in the wiring of the jacks. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did you wire it into the switch contacts?

1 Like

I thought of it the moment I posted. It works as expected now!

My connection wire is still total garbage though so I’ll still remake it.

1 Like

New connection wire solved a lot of problems. I think all is running as it should.

I also think r15 is controlling the brightness of only the clock in LED. I keep adding more resistance and have not noticed any difference in the clusters - and I can barely see the clock in indicator flashing anymore XD

If the schematic on GitHub is correct, then R15 has nothing to do with the CLOCK IN LED. That LED’s current is determined by R37:

Whereas R15 sets the maximum output current of one of the LED drivers:

So it really should be affecting the brightness of an entire ring.

R37 and R15 are right next to each other on the PCB, though:

Are you sure you’re substituting R15 and not R37?

1 Like

This is entirely possible and would explain some things! Will check soon.

2 Likes