Alternate BOMs‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

For nearly all the LMNC modules, besides Sam’s rapidonline-centric BOM there are alternate BOMs people have posted, usually Tayda- or Mouser-centric for US builders’ benefit. They can be hard to find, e.g. one’s in the cheap components topic, some are in the topic for their module, some are in their own topic, one is on Sam’s projects page. I thought I’d gather links to all the ones I can find here and make it wiki editable to add future ones or ones I’ve missed.

13 Likes

Additionally, here are links to BOMs for non LMNC Kosmo modules.

11 Likes

Nice work collecting these together! I’ll pin this.

8 Likes

yeah this is cool!!! ill be sure to reference this thread!

4 Likes

Am I the only one struggeling with the BOMs? I bought 8 Kits from the lmnc shop to get me started with modular stuff. The Modules are awesome, but as someone who can maybe solder a little bit but has 0 experience with electronics they are not always helpful. For some things like the LFO I just looked at the schematic because it was easier to get all the right components from there than from the BOM. Things like “any old capacitor” or not writing if the poti is lin or log are anoying and not helpful for someone who hasn’t a lot of electronics stuff lieing around and needs to order everything. The links that are sometimes provided dont always work or are just not helpful(with the potis atleast). As someone who looks at it like a customer and not just a community member I really would’ve liked a good BOM in the package. while csv, exel and pdf files are provided they sometimes have complete different notations and you need to look through all formats to find what you need. If I wanted to figure these things out on my own I wouldn’t have bought the pcb with panel.
I really dont like the BOMs provided by lmnc and maybe share my own versions for the pcb’s i bought once i reworked them for newbs like me. Maybe with german shop links (why are informations online almost always only for US and UK anyways, i thought EU was a big market) because I really invested way more time into searching components than i wanted to.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Yes it’s true that the component ordering part isn’t the easiest thing at first (and even later we make mistakes from time to time), but I think with this it is noted on the PCB + the schem + the BOM you should get there.
For the pots generally if nothing is specified they are Lin, for the caps (not polarized) if it specifies that the type is not important you can simply choose yourself (ceramic, film …).

I think to start building a modular synthesizer it is better to have some little basics, if you are really a beginner beginner maybe starting with an easier electronic project would be better (an APC for example)

Good luck

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. Yea, my knowledge is pretty basic and most of what i learned in school forgotten, but I slowly get through it. first vco and envelope generator are done, jay. I would love to understand more of what’s happening on that circuit board, but sadly I don’t have that much time for my music hobby right now.

While it’s not using the same chip, if you want a deep dive into how to build a VCO, then you could do a lot worse than watching @moritzklein’s DIY VCO series on YueTube. This has recently been turned into a Eurorack module in collaboration with Erica Synth, there’s an extensive user manual, that takes you through how to build it on a breadboard.

3 Likes

All his projects here

1 Like

Poti and switch quantity is wrong for the 1163 Mixer BOM. Atleast in the exel file.