3340 VCO sounds like a LFO, please help me!

Hello, my 3340 VCO behaves like an LFO, if I connect my beat step and set the octaves very high, the tone will also be a little higher, but not as it should be. So I think he’s getting too little power somewhere. Where can I start to solve the problem? Here is the layout after I have built.

2 Likes

I assume you tried adjusting the trimmer?

1 Like

Yes i did :slight_smile: its fully “open”

Your coarse tuning pot may not be wired up correctly. See the drawing and the first few comments here for how and where to measure the CV inputs:

1 Like

I have now measured all the points you marked. Wherever + 12v should be, I have +11.63 as my PSU outputs it. On the internal CV I have +11.63 with the potentiometer turned on and with the 0V closed

I exchanged the 1nF oscillator capacitor. I don’t know what to do next

1 Like

you are not mistaken in resistance values ​​somewhere ?
maybe test it with multimeter ?

I’m checking that right now, the as3340 isn’t broken either, it works just fine in my other VCO. I hate being so helpless :frowning:

1 Like

Its working now !!! @Dud you were right ! Now it works! I used a 1.8k instead of the 24k. I made a mistake in the colors. Finally, my second VCO one step closer to good sounding music. Thank you all for the quick and good help. You are the best !

7 Likes

super !
happy for you :smiley:

3 Likes