3.5mm-1/8” options?

Hey I’m really into certain aspects of the Kosmo format, and I plan on building the modules after I finish some more projects. I have one small problem: I’m coming from eurorack and I have one million 1/8” patch cables. It’s supposed to be cheap and easy, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a 3.5mm jack that fits in a hole drilled for a 1/4” cable? I’m just going to drill smaller holes for the fully home-brew options, but I’m trying to figure out an easy way to use smaller cables in the “production” modules. The plan is to use it alongside my eurorack but I don’t really want to buy a bunch of 1/8”-1/4” cables.

Anyone have any idea how I can do that without buying new cables, adapters, or whatever?

Thanks in advance, I’ve already learned a fair amount from this community and I haven’t even started building yet!

May I suggest: ZRAMO Professional Converter Adapter 8 Piece 6.35mm 1/4 Male to 3.5mm 1/8 Female Mono Audio Mic Plug Adapter Jack, Microphone Accessory.

41XRETbbWeL.AC
Personally, I’m just mixing formats. Too much good stuff out there for me to commit to just one :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah yes I have a handful of those but… I don’t really like them. They mostly work fine (except the cheap ones!) but I always misplace stuff like that! I’m going to keep thinking about smart alternatives!

I’d like to stick to (roughly!) the same format until I can afford some banana cable synths :drooling_face:

I’d like to find a THICC 1/8” jack, and if I can’t I’ll glue some coins to the panel and just drill smaller holes in those! Kind of silly, but it’s a silly project so I’m open to it!

I hear ya. How about just finding some washers?

1 Like

That idea occurred to me as soon as I posted the coin thing, don’t know why I didn’t think about that sooner :woman_facepalming:

Oh well! Hopefully this provides a solution to other 1/8” purists :laughing:

1 Like

I’m gonna steal that, by the way :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s an open-source joke!

1 Like

If you use the jack adapters, just leave them in the modules and then you never loose them. Gives you more flexibility for the future and if your connecting Kosmo-Kosmo you don’t need them.

1 Like

hey! aswell as adapters I just bought a fudge ton of these, I use em all the time and I loose em less than adapters haha :-

I just copied and pasted some of the first I found. but you can get them cheap. just search 3.5 to 6.35 mono… stereo works too!!! (I dont consider myself particularly ocd in this sort of regard but using stereo jacks really triggers something within me so I dont do it, but it really doesn’t make a difference as the ring just gets grounded)

1 Like

the washers idea is what I do. it seems to work , and a bit cheaper than special cables.

3 Likes

I didn’t look at the post date on this thread , a bit behind I am …

1 Like