#2000 Megadrone

the seismic activity would crack the planet . or large Kosmo rack , however you see this thing we live on .

2 Likes

Thats the next Ridley Scott film, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Couldn’t resist. Ordered.

3 Likes

1000 x 10 to the 50th and add for atom displacement and after life . So yotta 24 and 50, ooo give or take zeros maybe alot of ballpark averages

Just got the notification that my panel and PCB have been sent out, time to break out the soldering Iron!

2 Likes

I wonder if the capacitor holes would line up with female pin headers (to make it easy to test out and swap capacitor values). Hmmm…

If not, I can do single pins.

1 Like

Could be!

For reasons to be divulged later I plan on building a modified version of a board that includes these six caps (on the left)
which appear to be spaced 0.1" apart, and I plan on sticking two 6 pin headers there instead. But not to shove capacitors in. The caps will go into holes that were intended for pots! No really, I have a plan and it makes complete sense…

5 Likes

The caps will go into holes that were intended for pots! No really, I have a plan and it makes complete sense…

I am both worried and excited. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

3 Likes

Any US folks found a supplier for the IC’s? I’m having trouble finding those from my usual places (Tayda and Ebay mostly).

What are you having trouble finding?

I think these are the audio amplifiers needed.

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/lm386-audio-amplifier-1-channel-mono-class-ab-325mwx1at8-ohm-4v-12v-pdip-8.html

You really want the right transistors (SS9018, P16NF06, ideally from major distributor but ebay may work if you’re brave) but everything else can be sourced from Tayda afaict.

If anyone in the US needs them, I have four and a half extra sets of the P16NF06.

2 Likes

me

1 Like

That didn’t take long :grinning:

1 Like

^ i got around 20 characters bahahaha

3 Likes

I also found the P16NF06 on mouser. It has a few extra letters so no idea if they’ll work.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/511-STP16NF06L

1 Like

Yeah, I expect any LM386 will work. As for the MOSFET Mouser has it, Tayda doesn’t. (Maybe they have something sufficiently similar but from what I’ve heard sounds like it’s hard to tell what will work unless you try it.)

1 Like

I got the JE9018 locally and can get more. I think it’s the same thing, but I should probably try building with it before I start offering it to others.

1 Like

I wanted to play with a few SS9018s so went on AliExpress and bought a few. Dozen. 100 of them. Well, that’s the quantity they were offering.

4 Likes

yeah got my Fets and SS9018’s on Aliexpress. Probably a bad decision but we will see.

1 Like