#2700 twin t drums

twin t’inspired by the practical electronics rhythm generator still needs a bit of fine tuning but I recon 3 weeks!!! keyboard sequencer is nearly done swell as the big mumma delay! PS ignore those preset potentiometers! meant to be the type in the other modules poking through the front but did not have the right values for this specific proto. !! this one definitely needs the whole thing doing with polyester capacitors or similar thats for sure.

Ok so the 4011UBE 's turned up that @fredrik asked to test.

yes they do work however they do have more decay. If you drop the 4011UBE into the circuit as it is, the decay knob on max would cause the drums to oscillate, so in order for it to still be controllable to your liking with the preset potentiometers may I suggest to swap

R2 150k
R17 150k
R32 150k
R47 150k

with a higher resistance, I think the best bet is 470k which will give the preset potentiometer plenty of travel for you to adjust the decay knob to your liking.

16 Likes

Oh wow! This makes me very happy to see so soon.

4 Likes

it makes me think that there may be errors on the stripboard version that you put on your site, look here

2 Likes

aaah yeah that isnt a mistake its just a reality of the strip board. because both the bongo and noise get put together then the noise bleeds into the bongo unless its plugged into a mixer. ill put it on that page too

the stripboard layout stops before the signals get merged. it is just triggers in and separate outputs no mixing done on the layout

2 Likes

The orientation of transistor 7805 seems to me upside down, no ?

EDIT : i see it in the other thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

ooooh coool :slight_smile: [fill to 20]

Now this is just begging for a beatstep pro; I’ve been putting it off for ages seeing as I only had a few drum modules. Ahh well, might just have to…

2 Likes

GAS is growing!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

apologies on the delay on this!!! it needed a bit of messing about to make the best of it in kosmo town!! 2 weeks from now. Tiny bit more finessing on the snare drum, basically stepping it up a tad and boom!.

btw in the vid the start is dry then just turned on the safety valve it was plugged into

it should be quite soon after this the keyboard sequencer is up!! soz been a bit slow this past few months on modules but wanna get em right afterall ha.

10 Likes

reeeeeeeeeeee :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

lol - I love when people click my links.
Reeee can also just be excitement btw. there was no intense rage hahaha.

keep reminding myself to get the new case done :slight_smile:

Aaa now I have to click it haha

just to let you know if all goes to plan this should be available from Monday
more vids over tut weekend!

7 Likes

Hell yes…let the modular drum adventure/addiction begin

3 Likes

Ahh Super… Still need to build that case as nothing is set up.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Tail end of latest video has a demo!

1 Like

just putting together the documentation! and schematic for peeps who wanna build it with other means!

thanks to the eagle eyes :D.

8 Likes

order is in… ( twin t to 20 )