1153 bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Thanks,
look also at my edit, 9x 100nF…

in the end Eric its only 1 100nf, basically because of space constraints on the pcbs I skipped the decoupling capacitors on the opamps in this module. (only 1 on the one shot digital chip)

because in an envelope generator it doesn’t matter much at all. and I planned in the next couple of days I will make a pic of how to add the capacitors easily if it really matters too much, but in this setting its as useful as wearing tin on your head :smiley: haha.

they are in the schematic still. but not on the PCB. if its confusing then I can remove them, but yeah I did a bunch of tests here and there and making the PCB busier and fiddlier (its already quite a fiddly pcb) just didn’t seem worth it on a module like this.

3 Likes

OK. I just looked at the schem which has 9… :slight_smile:

1 Like

all good! hopefully it makes sense now.

ok thanks, anothers question, what the AV pot is for plz ? attenuverter ?

EDIT :

the link is not actived on the website :slight_smile:

1 Like

fixed the link!
so yes the AV pot is an attenuverter on the output. so central is no signal out, then all the way clockwise is max output and all the way counter clockwise is max -ve output.

3 Likes
2 Likes

all the way clock wise its fully + bounce, all the way counter clockwise its fully - bounce its an attenuverter. av for short :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @lookmumnocomputer, if you would be interested, I would definitely keep the old broken one :smiley:

hey!!! funnily enough a couple of people have asked! I do give some things I have made sitting about here and there away! but I have a bit of an emotional attachment to this one!! and if I wasn’t opening a museum where something like this would sit nicely in the bouncy ball display I would probably send it over!!! its always good to ask though :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

All done bar the initial smoke test and then proper test. That’s for tomorrow.

6 Likes

(ON)-Off-ON or (ON)-Off-(ON) ?

the more usual (on) off (on) :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank ya ! My Bounce just arrived the other day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forgot to update this :wink: as per Dumbass the smoke test ( almost for the first time ) failed due to a TL074 being back to front ( no idea why ).

After the initial smoke test issue was remedied, the druid chip was fitted. Initial testing was disappointing it was not functioning correctly specifically the RATE was not seemingly doing anything. A quick scan with the magnifier showed a bridged leg on the POT. With that sorted it began to work as it should!

Rob

3 Likes

just finished my Bounce and am having a. couple of problems. the sound doesn’t change in pitch even if I alter the octave on the orc going in, also just having the output connected and its very quiet. Any quick fix? Ta, Beau

Not sure to understand ?
The 1153 isn’t meant to produce any sound…
It generates a CV to modulate something else, like the CV of an VCO.

1 Like

Thanks Eric, just me having another senior moment lol.

I am currently building this circuit and have a quick question regarding the ground diode of the Trigger IN.
Sam use a 1N4148 for all diodes and this too

and in the original schem by Electric Druids it’s a 1N4002.

Sans titre

What is the difference and the benefit of using one more than the other plz ? or it doesn’t matter ?

Can a 1N4004 , 1N4007 or 1N5817 do the job ?
(i just have some :slight_smile: )
or 1N4148 is better

thx

1N4004 Is fine its to protect the transistor from negative voltages the 1n4001 tolerates more but in synths I figured 1n4148 is more than adequate and people building other kosmo modules probably have a bunch of 1n4148’s left over from other projects

4 Likes