Yard sale, thrift store, and curb finds

Sadly, not as many exposed components as I had hoped. I put a pot on the resistor that controls speed. I think that is a capacitor on the left next to the diode but the only thing it does is make a lovely burning smell.

The resistor near the pot seems to control volume.

Any suggestions? For more fun? XD

3 Likes

maybe in first add an output jack, with pot
and often I added a little 555 circuit timer for a vactrol LFO on your new pitch pot

like with this toy, LFO at 1’26

6 Likes

It’s a bulky white noise generator

Yard sale 20€, one oscillator fixed, one key is missing a register voice, bass pedal is a little dodgy, spring reverb not working yet, all the rest is fine.

12 Likes

It has a selector for the turntable pickup (magnetic vs diamond) If the manufacturer was targeting people who spend money for a moving coil it can’t be too bad i think.

3 Likes

So is a radio with a broken antenna. :slight_smile:

Oddly enough, my mixing board has an FM receiver in it. I’m trying to figure out how to leverage that.

are people still using CB ? I did 40 years ago.

1 Like

hmm, wait! not moving coil, just magnetic vs the vintage pickups that have a higher output voltage. Not too sophisticated then.

1 Like

don’t remember where this came from . plugged it in and it worked , needs some cleaning but could be interesting .

looks very tweakable 

10 Likes

DON’T hack it, it desserves a proper restoration

4 Likes

Party like it’s 1972!

And yeah, these pre-Korg Korgs sell for money.

4 Likes

very cool, I have a Minipops 7 in mint condition and could resist modifying it so far but would like to have individual outputs.

1 Like

to bad it isn’t in a little better shape !

I managed to save a pair of these from the dumpster

Good modular PSUs perhaps?

1 Like

At least, with 65Amps (minimum) per rail, you are sure you can’t overload them

But you should check with a scope the “quality” (ripple) of the current they provide, they usually aren’t great at that, and they don’t really need because that 12V will be “downstepped” and regulated on the motherboard.

2 Likes

Any good resources on how to do this for someone who is still learning their way around an oscilloscope?

Connect GND and output to your scope.
Most computer PSU’s will need some load to work correctly.

You have a modern digital scope ?
Just hit the “auto” button and look at the result on screen.
Look at the display to see how much one division (one square of the grid) is, usually displayed as XXX V/Div or XXX mV/Div. It should also display either min/max voltage, or average and PP voltages.
This will give you an idea of how well it is regulated.

With an analog scope, you’ll have to adjust manually the “timebase”, “center V” and “V/Div” controls to “zoom in” on the curve.

2 Likes

I got ideas.

4 Likes

feet gate with piezzo ?