Who, Where, What. the community

welcome here guy :smiley:

1 Like

Not so much in experimental nuclear physics, or at least where I’ve done it; there was one guy at the lab I worked at who refused to learn any other language and used 20 year old analysis software from CERN but he was the exception.

4 Likes

What is interesting…ok FORTRAN is very powerful,but VERY touchy in the formatting department… Arduino code reminds me of FORTRAN…just less touchy and easier to compile. I have heard my company still runs FORTRAN on the mainframes…we used to do all our interactions via terminal (well actually we still can) but most things now have a web interface over the old terminal commands.

4 Likes

Gr8 that your learning something.

My 15yr old is learning drums, about to build an ROV for the pond and knows Autocad123 very well… the 11yr old can shoot in forthight and win rallies in WRC :frowning:

3 Likes

Q1 Jan-Willem (yes that’s one name:))
Q2 Eindhoven, Netherlands
Q3 freelance music teacher(from DJ producer to guitar building workshop etc) and maker educator(coding with microbit, 3d printing etc)
Q4 Opel corsa Lol
Q5 I’ve have a bachelor in electronic music composition and play guitar and a bit of keyboard.
Q6 still learning electronics! i’ve made some musical instruments that i use in my workshops. coding is my hobby since childhood:)

7 Likes

welcome, yes a guitarist friend :wink:

3 Likes

A microbit, are they still a thing… There’s an original one somewhere in the house from the first batch.

Rob

3 Likes

Haha nice yes. They are perfect for education i see them pop up on many schools. But if i’m doing a project myself i would go with a arduino or teensy :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, they kind of reinvented the wheel as an octagon… why build new hardware when an arduino is £2…

1 Like

A1: Steve
A2: Pontypridd, Wales
A3: Software developer (99.5% JavaScript by choice)
A4: Citroen Berlingo Multispace adventuremobile
A5: Minimal. Full of ideas, virtually no ability to bring them to fruition, and yet I try.
A6: Not great, but ok.

6 Likes

bump…

if your new “who are you”

:wink:

3 Likes

if you are old stop by and say hi to the new " kosmonuts " . :wink:
thanks for sharing , it is defiantly interesting seeing were everyone is from and their back grounds. and it is nice to note that even given all are differences we still all get on pretty darn well .

3 Likes

All this talk of old programming languages makes me want to dig out my punch card writer.
Ah when RPG was truly about rolling the dice.
Yes I’m that old but started very young with ICL

3 Likes

Hi Everybody…

Q1. Matt
Q2. Hartshill, UK
Q3. Artist / Lecturer
Q4. Bike + Rav4
Q5. Experimenting…
Q6. No electronics experience although currently exploring Olegtron 4060 Mk2 here
[/quote]

4 Likes

Thomas
Kassel, Germany
The perfect Job
Skateboard and People crazy
I can get a sound out of everything that…sounds
Asolut noob, just learning the basics yet

6 Likes

Q1. 1st Name
Mark

Q2. City, Country.
Leatherhead, UK

Q3. Rough Job.
Software engineer

Q4. What do you drive…
Mercedes A45

Q5. Musical talent
Can’t play anything, but do music on the computer. I do have an electric guitar I took as payment from a mate, but have not even started to learn it

Q6. Electronic Tallent
Not really electronic - but C++ Programming

5 Likes

Hello Everyone

Q1: Fokko
Q2: Delft, South-Holland
Q3: Student / 3d printer technician
Q4: A bicycle!
Q5: Not much, but enjoys dabbeling with a youth association
Q6: I enjoy soldering and messing around with electronics a bunch. Got my own couple of oscilloscopes and repaired power supplies among a bunch of other things.

8 Likes

@MarCNeT

You will be a wiz with the Arduino then :wink:

4 Likes

Q1: Louie
Q2: Wheaton, Il United Stated
Q3: Student
Q4: A classy 2002 Toyota minivan
Q5: Played classical stuff like oboe, sax, ex for almost all my life, learning keyboard n guitar
Q6: Rough but determined!

8 Likes

Q1: Marco
Q2: from Rome but I live in Berlin
Q3: student/music producer and performer
Q4: nothing
Q5: not a trained musician, but I have been producing electronic music and playing with synths for roughly 5 years
Q5: beginner

7 Likes