Where to find 9mm dual gang center detent B100k or B50k pots?

Does anyone know where I could find the following potentiometers?
B100k or B50k
dual gang
center detent
vertical
9mm Alpha (or has the same 9mm Alpha footprint)

I can’t seem to find them anywhere. I don’t care about the shaft type. Just need to find 5 for a build.

1 Like

Good luck! With round shaft I’ve found dual gang only at Thonk, and that without center detent.

Depending on the application, as an alternative to the center detent you could experiment with something like this (based on the YuSynth DC mixer):

The diodes and pulldown resistor produce a dead area around 0 V, so any pot position close to the center produces (close to) 0 V at the output.

Obviously you’d replicate this for the second gang. You can use more diode pairs in series to make the dead zone wider if desired.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it’s for a build that I ready have boards for, otherwise, I’d absolutely look into this circuit. It’s for the ST Modular Sum2 mixer. I picked them up at Pusherman. I’ve emailed him to see if he has a source. I’ll take any shaft type that I can find.

They’re for the pan controls on each channel.

Could these be finagled into working for you?
9mm, 50k, dual gang, center detent.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alps-Alpine/RK09L124000Z?qs=fQ8kcZGzY5XvGyzlPd%2FK1w%3D%3D

5 Likes

I like this and also not having to find weird parts.

1 Like

Ahhhhhh yes! Those should work! Mouser was the first place I checked and I swear when I plugged in the parameters that nothing can up. Obviously I did something wrong in my search. Thank you for the 2nd set of eyes. :slight_smile:

Yeah, check it out closely. I looked that up before my first full cup of coffee.

1 Like

One thing I’ve noticed before is that Mouser for some reason lists these as panel mount, so if you filter for PCB mount you don’t find them.

1 Like

I just tried doing a search again and I couldn’t get that pot to show up again. The search parameters I used were:
2 gang
center detent
linear

So strange because all of those are listed in the description of the pot link posted. @BratAttack what search parameters did you use to get this to show up? Just checking for future reference.

Since everyone making 9mm PCB pots is ripping off Alps :grinning:, you can also look things up on their site:

PotentiometerRotary Potentiometers9mm Size Metal Shaft Snap-inRK09L124000Z

and then search for that part number on the internet.

1 Like

It’s “with detent”, not “center detent”…

Yeah. it’s center detent in the datasheet, but mouser calls it “with detent” just bad data normalization on their parts i guess.

That’s the frustrating part and why I couldn’t seem to find it. Thanks for taking a look and finding it for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad I could help. That mixer looks pretty neat.

1 Like