Voice changer megaphone toy hack (+ module)

Not so little, the add on board has more components than the original, but yes.

More information:

6 Likes

thanks a lot !!! i go to see that :smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna make this eventually, thanks for sharing your work!

2 Likes

Big video up finally:

9 Likes

Watching this makes me think we should have your fine explanation of using an op amp to buffer the vactorol in the FAQ section. Loved the video.

1 Like

Just something I googled somewhere. As I understand it:

You apply a voltage V to the non inverting input. To get the same voltage at the inverting input and no current, there will be voltage V at the LED cathode. But the current through the LED is the same as the current through R8, which you get from Ohm’s law. Knowing the maximum voltage you’ll apply you can compute the value for R8 that gives you the maximum LED current you want. The other components, well, I leave those to someone else to explain…

7 Likes

Forgot about this toy! Nice vid, I like the mods. I have the megaphone and some xvivs already. Thanks for sharing the schematics. Maybe I’ll try hooking up my mod board from the phonic taxidermist to get gate controls on the megaphone switches :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks for naming me, really cool build and thx again for the schem

5 Likes

@analogoutput I just saw that there are 2 different schemas (with minor changes) for your Megamodule.

this one here

and another one on your web site (with the download button)

to be sure, is it the first one the latest version ?

1 Like

It’s worse than that, the website had a low resolution PNG of the final version and a link to a PDF of an earlier version.

I’ve now fixed it to point to the one on the Github repo I eventually made:

That’s the final one.

3 Likes

Here’s my module with @analogoutput schem :slight_smile:

select switch FX

A destructor and Low Fi module, noisy but fun, mostly with drum.

with a VCO

and with modular drum

7 Likes

5 Likes

Damn, when I first built this I thought “should I put it on GitHub? Should I get 5 panels fabbed? Naah, who else in his right mind would want to make such a thing?”

Later I put it on GitHub.

6 Likes