Module jack/banana converter

a very simple idea, just a module that allows me to control toys and stuff (bending) with my modular

here’s a test with my speack n spell

7 Likes

Do you run a separate ground banana or rely on the mains common?

all ground are together

1 Like

Nice Jam. I like the sound a lot! And, is that a modified Texas Instruments Speak and Spell? What did you do to it / what are the mods?

1 Like

in fact it is “La dictée magique” the French version of the Speak n spell, but stll Texas instrument, and almost nothing on this version on the net, I searched the bending points alone … a lot of mods
This is the article on my web site with a list of all of mods
(there is a choice of language at the top right :wink: )
https://soundbender36.wordpress.com/category/speak-n-spell/

2 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know this translation service existed. Too bad the French version couldn’t be modded as much as the US-version.

1 Like

about 18 mod …
I don’t think I saw more changes than that on the US version
What are you thinking of ?

1 Like

Oh , maybe I misunderstood. I got the impression that not all mods for the US version could be done for the version you have because you say: Tout n’y était pas encore, mais déjà quelques points trouvés. Maybe this got lost in translation.

In the demo of the Harmonix Rotator is the sound taken from the piezo element or is there also a microphone involved?

1 Like

yes it is that at the time when I took the photo of the interior I had not yet found all the points.
it’s not always easy with translations, for example for me on this forum !
otherwise for the HR it’s only a piezo

2 Likes

I have something similar planned!

I also did this one for my euro side

3 Likes

yes !!!

i also did this one for my Kosmo to the Beatstep pro : Jack 3.5 to Jack 6.35 (or the opposite)

2 Likes

Made one as well, given that synths have big jack plugs and mini jacks, this is an unavoidable module. Most are 1 * mono <-> 2 * mono, but one is 1 * stereo <-> 2 * stereo.

3 Likes

I might needs to rig something like this soon. I have a Buchla on order. It’s supposed to have a Eurorack converter built in but there aren’t any pictures of that part yet to show how it works.

1 Like

The case I’m planning will have a row for Eurorack and a couple rows for Kosmo, and in between a short panel the width of the case with several sets of 1/4" -> 3 x 3.5 mm and 3.5 mm -> 3 x 1/4" which can be used for either conversion or as passive mults.

4 Likes