Verified Stripboard Layouts!

Barton Wave Shaper

Info herewww.bartonmusicalcircuits.com
https://youtu.be/bvkvwY6iOfo

![4046wave shaper|637x499]![4046wave shaper|656x500]

14 Likes

thx, well i need to build one now :wink:

3 Likes

if i can just make a small remark, the resistance figures are not very legible, and R 10.11.12.13.14 (100k for pot) are all write 1, but i refer to the diagram to compare the value, thanks again

1 Like

I replaced the layout above with an edited one. Does this help?

yeh it’s better :+1:

I had all the components (except the CD4046) so I built it this afternoon,

but it lacks a connection on your stripboard.
every 100k resistors of the pot to pin 6 of TL072

6 Likes

Ya know what! I had that in there, and at some point I had a brainfart and removed it! Thanks! I’ll update the layout. I also have a panel layout made if anyone wants it.

5 Likes

Updated the layout. Thanks Dud! I’m guessing this was the reason for the bit of modulation I was hearing that I mentioned in the other thread. Nope, I actually had this connection

4 Likes

maybe another thing to clarify, the correspondence of the pots with the multiplication or division fx

With the pot number of your stripboard :
n ° 1 (pin 4 of CD4040) = / 8
n ° 2 (pin 2) = / 4
n ° 3 (pin 3) = / 2
n ° 4 (pin 5) = 1
n ° 5 (pin 6) = x2
n ° 6 (pin 7) = x4
n ° 7 (pin 9) = x8

I think it’s good to have it for setting up on the panel

4 Likes

Ah! Good idea. Now Updated
Finished a new layout for the Wave Animator, and have it built except pots and jacks. Testing later today. Hope it doesn’t blow up! :crossed_fingers:t3:

8 Likes

It rarely does! Actually in that respect real live electronics do not in any way come near what you see in the movies. So, no worries.

3 Likes

Yeah, lol! I’m being dramatic.

2 Likes

I know, actually that is what I always found disappointing. I wouldn’t mind some fireworks now and then (although that could be costly, so it better not happen).

3 Likes

So was this capacitor

3 Likes

Top tip! To avoid electronics exploding you should never build several home made theatrical magnesium flash boxes in the same room.
“The valves! They were screaming man! I ain’t goin back!”

3 Likes

This conjures up a mind picture of a living room wall somewhere with a Farabide-shaped silhouette permanently burned into the wallpaper.

3 Likes

More flash than bang but every exposed circuit nearby got fused with conductive dust and any powered valve popped with a lovely mirror finish.

2 Likes

Nice to see something using the binary ripple counter!
I mentioned previously that you could get 12 Oct divisions with a 555.

I wonder if you can use a 555, then run them through the binary ripple counter to get 12 switchable octaves, then condition their pulse outputs to be other waveforms to produce multiple wave shapes…

2 Likes

I recently updated the Korg MS-20 filter layout with a choise between 6dB or 12dB per Octave roll off. 6dB only works in Lowpass mode btw.

More information here: https://www.eddybergman.com/2019/12/synthesizer-build-part-12-korg-ms20.html

12 Likes

I just built this. Painting a panel for it now, then testing.

6 Likes

Very neat job. Keep us posted.

2 Likes