VCLFO (ElectricDruid) troubleshooting

Hi there,
I finally decided to build the VCLFO 10 from Electric Druid, based on LMNC stripboard layout.
I first soldered it on stripboard because it seemed to be easy, and couldn’t have it working at all (just a little voltage offset when plugged into a filter CV, and all potmeters seem to have no effect)…
So I tried to experiment on test-board (see pictures, sorry for wire colors), it is all the same. I placed 2 LEDs in opposite way of each other at the output of the last OPAmp in order to visualise the swinging +5V and -5V output but there is only a constant output, witch porarity depend on how I tweak the 100k trimmer. I only included frequency, multiple, and waveform potmeter on this test-board.
I tried 2 different VCLFO 10 chips, stored in the same place as all of my chips, that all work correctly as far as I can tell after 5 month of modular build…
If you have any suggestions, I would be pleased to read them ! Thank you guys.

PS : when I accidentally unplugged the 10k resistor between the 2 OPAmps, there were no changes on the LEDs, so I think the OPAmp is just receving nothing from the VCLFO 10 chip.

1 Like

are you getting +12 -12 and GND correctly at the IC’s

1 Like

The ElectricDruid VCLFO10 chip is a PICmicro and needs 5V to work, not 12V.
But the other IC (TL072 I presume…) needs +/- 12V

3 Likes

Yes I have +/-12V on the TL072, and 5V (4.98 exactly) on the VCLFO. I tested with a 5.02V source as well to power the ElectricDruid chip.

1 Like

I will get back on experiments soon, and maybe try to buy another chip as well if there is no other way

2 Likes

Your right I was thinking of the performance filter not the LFO

1 Like