Use 1114 filter with Novation Circuit?

Hi,I’m fresh on this forum and I’ve started making sound (I’m not calling music yet). Actually I’ve an a Beatstep pro,a Launchkey mini mk3 and a Novation circuit and I would make a little circuit to add some new effect to experiment.
I’ve see the 1114 filter to buy and make,so can I connect directly to a beatstep pro /circuit or I need any interface or another module between them?

3 Likes

You could definitely run your synths (the novation) thru the filter. You would just need a power supply, which there are a few threads discussing around here

3 Likes

Also, welcome!

20 character limit

3 Likes

Welcome, Klez32!

I changed the topic title to something more informative and put it in the DIY Stuff Kosmo Modules category.

1 Like

Thank you!sure,if my question could help someone i’m glad to do

Thank you CTorp,could I also run the beatstep pro thru the 1114? Novation circuit out to beatstep midi-in and clock or drum gates to the filter? Or only beatstep to the filter? The power supply… I could use a normal power supply (x2) but I search for before

Yep you can use the beatsteps cv outs to control the CV for cutoff on the 1114. But you’d have to convert the 3.5mm cable to 1/4, or use 3.5mms on your filter build

1 Like

You can use the Beatstep CV into the filter’s CV inputs to control it, but you need an audio signal for the filter to filter. Beatstep doesn’t produce audio.

Well, okay, if the filter is in resonant self oscillation you don’t need an audio signal…

2 Likes

For the filter you must use a bipolar or symetric power supply with -12V/GND/+12V

I could change the board input with 3.5mm or insert an adapter…could I use a stereo jack instead a mono jack?

Ok,for example,I could use this?
s-l400 (13)

You can use a stereo cable and it will work but the filter will only take mono signals and output a mono signal

Nah that power supply won’t work. You need something like the FC microbus which is DIY, or something similar.

Check out the PSU thread:

5 Likes

The pc power supply is the first solution for me, using a molex adapter and connect the pin like this,otherwise I get a eurorack cable and adapt it
Eurorack-Power-Pinouts-400x400

Connect toghether 9,10 / 1,2 / 3,4,5,6,7,8

a PC power supply give you +12V and GND but don’t give you -12V

2 Likes

Hi Dud,yes,the pc power do the -12,maybe not so much power but there is:
connector_atx_pinout

1 Like

ok thanks i didn’t know it

1 Like

But don’t expect much amps out of it.
It will be OK for a few modules, but is usually around 20 times less than the +12V.

And don’t expect it to be clean (the +12V either…).

1 Like

Yep I know that,I must connect 2 filters so I didn’t expect much ,I could use also:

2 Likes

Much better choice. You will also need a 12VAC wall wart to power it.

2 Likes