Unverified circuits that could work

I would like to have a place where can I and other people post some circuit ideas/stripboard layouts that are unverified but actually could work.

2 Likes

I would really like to know what this circuit exatly is and how it works. Can someone more skilled tell me?
Thanks for your replies!

I built the old design of it, which unfortunately didn’t work, tomorrow I will adapt the changes to this new design. I will then report whether the changes have led to success!

1 Like

What VCOs are you using with the ring mod. Mine 3340 triangle didnt work with this circuit, but saw and pulse did work.

I connected it to my Behringer neutron

Do you know the output voltage?

I think it’s 10v, but I’m not quite sure, I’ll measure tomorrow

1 Like

Did you try all the waveshapes?

…I’m not sure if I did that anymore, I’ll check it again tomorrow before I make a change

1 Like

We actually do have a thread for that, The UNVERIFIED Lounge

3 Likes

I think if you want a “real” ring modulator then you should build the YARM+

https://www.schmitzbits.de/vca.html#

1 Like

Yeah, I know. But I wanted this thread to be a place where can i share circuit ideas and learn more about electronics. But thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Maybe it will be good to add “Not verified” on the pic, if people find it without the title and the topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I want to announce again that my ring modulator works with the new design, it only works with SQUARE. Musically, I think the modulation is usable

1 Like

Technically, it works with any signal [1], but the behaviour is somewhat undefined for certain voltage ranges so it might not be that useful. Unless you want aggressive distortion [2], that is :grinning:

[1] Even outside the supply rails, as long as you don’t fry the protection diodes.
[2] CD4011UBE has softer clipping, so might even be useful.

2 Likes

@peppy verified it! So it should be ok.

1 Like