Trigger switch thing x 4 layout and demo

Triggered

Of interest perhaps. Easy build . My own cludged design .
4 x latching switches. So, 4 x trigger inputs and 4 x i/o . Not tested with audio, but clock, pulse signals only . Please feel free to give a better description. Pulse inputs latch the on/ off states of each channel :+1:
For each channel the i/o is interchangable.
Yes that is a 7806 regulator ā€¦ for some reason ,I think this is explained in the videoā€¦Iā€˜m not a ā€œrealā€ engineer.:flushed:

3 Likes

Itā€™s me or thereā€™s something strange on the stripboard with the led 1 connection ?

Whilst not attempting to give a comprehensive guideā€¦ just a snapshot from a working layout. The layout creator doesnt have led symbols :scream:sometimes I use a resistor labelled as led , but not in this case .My bad.
So yeah a load resistor and led to gnd. Hope that clears that up for the less inititiatedšŸ‘

1 Like

Why not just power the chips off the +12 V rail?

As it is, Iā€™d add diodes to protect inputs and outputs against overvoltage.

That is true , howeverā€¦Soz ā€¦ should have said in my introā€¦it is what it is. Been following Sam for 4 yrs since synth bike. Iā€™m sure Sam has some non protected builds and whatnotā€¦so if its good enough for the gooseā€¦:wink:ā€¦ kind of how I roll. Just some non commercial DIY ā€¦
Anyway shouldnt be making excuses , check out my unapologetic user name ā€¦thanks for having a gander :+1:
Edit ā€¦ cant remember why not 12v ā€¦either incompetence or something to do with trigger levelsā€¦

1 Like