The UNVERIFIED Stripboard Lounge

I found matching transistors kind of relaxing. I made a little circuit board because I screw up breadboard layouts too often GitHub - jhitesma/Transistor-Matcher: PCB for matching transistors

Here’s a little breadboard version (though I think I was missing a wire in the photo - read the description that goes with it)

And a few posts following that one I talk more about my experience matching transistors.

Honestly - almost all of them that I tested where close enough to probably count as “matched” but since I put in the effort to measure them and am putting in the effort to build my own circuits I went for the “perfectionist voodoo” and used perfectly matched pairs since it was no extra effort once I had measured a hand full of transistors.

Does it make my filter work any better? I doubt it. But I do really like that ARP filter I used them on…It’s more “mellow” than my MS-20 and Steiner filters but that’s why I like it :slight_smile: The Steiner will go absolutely bonkers with self-resonation and I’m actually considering tweaking it to make it a bit more predictable. The MS-20 is a great all around option and I’m glad I built it first. The ARP I’m dying to spend more time playing with…but just haven’t had time to actually use the synth much lately since almost all my spare time has been spent trying to tire out our new pup :smiley:

2 Likes