Spectrum DIY Hexaputer

@SpectrumDIY Solder like you mean it!

10 Likes

:grin: Working on the timelapse version now :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m sure I have the square version somewhere from in the before times when I met Clive in the flesh at on of his beer nights. I think it’s in a box somewhere from when I moved.

3 Likes

Here’s a shortened version btw :smiley:

5 Likes

This simple design is new to me (though the concept of exploiting stochastic variation in analogue circuits is a very old one.)

I found this which seems to be a decent introduction to the design and covers a number of significant variations.

5 Likes

I’ve also done the A4 Gallium board

And I made one in ode to the Super computer legacy :smiley:

Since you’re interested :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes, very interested! Thanks so much for recording the build and also for editing it for impatient buggers like me (though even I will probably go back again and again to your circuit continuity and break investigation, which is a true joy to watch.)

5 Likes

Wow, I really appreciate the compliment! Thank you!
I really enjoyed making the sphere :smiley:

I always try to make shorter versions / timelapse videos of the longer stuff for people who prefer it.

I myself am ADHD/Autistic(recently discovered I’m dyslexic to a degree, ahhh dang XD ), so quite often it’s hard to focus long periods of time or read walls of text.

So like when I do livestreams, those I try to condense into timelapse, Recently I’ve learned to keep it 2-3minutes for myself, which seems to work for everyone else too :partying_face:

So like, it’s a huge compliment that you enjoy it!

Cheers,
-Dave

5 Likes

Just saw this - seems like it’s in the same spirit as these other LED behemoths:

3 Likes

Software PWM control. This is a very different control principle but the result is a more versatile display.

1 Like