Schematic heavy questioning (Simple PT2399 delay and Triple Splashback)

They are not connected…
C37 C38 C39 and C40 are decoupling caps.

And from @analogoutput Maybe I still got it wrong haha

Nowhere in there did I say to connect +12 V to -12 V.

2 Likes

Sorry, error on my part. Picture should have been

(Fixed error in above post)

1 Like

ok ! no problem :slight_smile: I’m glad it’s clarified now !

Don’t worry, I started DIY about a year ago and actually build everything according to the stripboard layout. I always have a schematic next to it, but only with this I can’t build something on a strip board. At least nothing bigger. The delay would be too big for me again. Confuses me and only chaos comes out. :man_shrugging:
But at some point I can do it too! :mechanical_arm:

Simply dont give up !

Greetings THOGRE

4 Likes

Hey thanks ! only chaos haha

Hi again,

I have 4 questions, related to the previous schematic. I numbered my questions to fit in with the reference picture I sent below :slight_smile: So,

1- Are those 2x4 headers ? is one male and the other female ?

2- I can’t find any component in EasyEDA that looks like a jack input. What do I do ? And I want 2.5mm jacks. Is it ok if I just replace the 1/4 jack for some 2.5mm ? Do I have to modify the circuit ? (This one was 2 questions in one)

3- What’s that circle around the transistor ? The symbol I used didn’t have it. Does it matter ?

4- What’s the purpose of this switch (and the name of the component)? Is it used to bypass something?

Thanks !

1- Are those 2x4 headers ? is one male and the other female ?

2x4 or 1x8, it doesn’t matter—as long as they match up. Yes one male one female.

2- I can’t find any component in EasyEDA that looks like a jack input. What do I do ? And I want 2.5mm jacks. Is it ok if I just replace the 1/4 jack for some 2.5mm ? Do I have to modify the circuit ? (This one was 2 questions in one)

It’s in there, I just don’t know what it’s called in easyEDA. For 1/4” vs 3.5mm (I’m assuming you mean 3.5 not 2.5mm) It doesn’t matter which symbol you use in the schematic, but the pcb footprint you’ll select for the schematic symbol will be different.

3- What’s that circle around the transistor ? The symbol I used didn’t have it. Does it matter ?

No it doesn’t matter.

4- What’s the purpose of this switch (and the name of the component)? Is it used to bypass something?

The switch changes the frequency of the delayed signals, High/Low. Check out Sam’s finished module. And it’s a dpdt on/on switch

1 Like

Yes 3.5mm ** And there’s no modification to circuit ? Thank you for the answers ! :slight_smile:

No modifications, just need to get the right footprint for whichever specific 3.5mm you plan on using.

Also I google searched “easyeda jack symbol” and this pops up, so try and find this one:

This is a standard TRS jack, non switched. You’ll notice some jacks have extra pins for switches (normalled pins)

Also, some jacks don’t have the ring connection, (AKA NOT stereo) so are simply called “TS.”

Depends what you are up to! I personally use the same jack symbol and footprint every time and just leave the unused pins unconnected, like what you see in sams schem

2 Likes

Weird I must have made a mistake. Now when I search jack there’s plenty of them. How can you not spell jakc correctly haha. But I’ll look for this one ! And thanks again for the little course on jack plugs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: awesome

20 characters

3 Likes

hahaha
20 characters

1 Like

Another question ! a bit dumb

Does it make a difference ? I’d say no, but I’m always wrong. so I’d like someone to tell me I’m right for once.

Please don’t laugh at me…

Thanks !

You’re right, no difference at all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First win for me :slight_smile: thanks. There should be a badge for this !

2 Likes

Hello !

So I was looking at the components of the schematics I’m re-drawing and I found out that all the resistors are “chip” resistors. And that I don’t want. I used the standard resistor symbol, so I thought they would be standard. But they’re not. Can I still plug normal resistors in it ?

Also, I have reached the stage of placing the potentiometers on the scheme. But I fear that the symbol EasyEDA suggests won’t match the ones I want to buy. Do I need to create a new component that fits exactly what I want ?

So that is an SMD footprint. There are symbols (schematic) and footprints (physical fit of pcb).

Your symbol is fine, just need to change the footprint.

1 Like

oh ok I’ll check how to change the footprint ! Thanks:) So same thing for potentiometers I guess

I found this and I applied to all my resistors
Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-06 à 20.25.01

2 Likes