4ms Dual Looping Delay (DLD) DIY

Hi !

I’ve been looking for some days into DIY delay modules. I have found some interesting stuff, but not exactly what I’m looking for. I really like the sound of the 4ms DLD module. Do anyone here know if there’s a way to make it DIY ? links to schematics ? Or any module that ressemble it.

It would really help me ! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s maybe some ideas :slight_smile:

and this one

2 Likes

yeah thanks ! I’ll check this in a minute :slight_smile:

1 Like

The cheap pt2399 looks great ! What’s the purpose of theses “tracks” on the veroboard (highlighted in magenta) ? And how do you connect the circuit to your power supply ? I see the 12V wire, but I don’t understand where its going :slight_smile:

And is it difficult to modify a circuit ? I’d like to, but I don’t have the knowledge (yet) to do it. How long was it for you to understand ?

The “IC” at the lower left is really a Eurorack style 10 pin power header. So those three strips are +12 V, GND, and -12 V.

2 Likes

Thanks ! I didn’t know that… Its useful haha :slight_smile:

ah one thing… is it only a representation ? or you have to physically put something on the track (where the rectangles are) ?

The tracks can be seen as flat copper wires glued to the board. So anything you solder to them picks up the signal or whatever is on them. Combining tracks with electrical components like capacitors and resistors etc. makes a circuit. Does that answer your question?

1 Like

Not exactly ! I wasn’t talking about the tracks themselves, but the rectangles drawn on them. Do I need to add something to the circuit where the rectangles are ? Or is it only to help understand the circuit?

Is it clearer like that ? I pointed the rectangles with blue arrows on the right :slight_smile: My guess is that there’s nothing to add, but I wanted to be sure !

Thanks !

I have no idea why these rectangles are there. You now understand that the tracks beneath them are the power lines, so I’d forget about them.

2 Likes