SCAVENGER HUNT - The First LMNC Forum Giveaway!

SCAVENGER HUNT IS LIVE!

First Prize:

“Shiny Furby” 7.5cm x 20cm KOSMO Panel

Plum Audio EuroScope & Expander PCB/Panel Set

Second Prize:
“Shiny Furby” 7.5cm x 20cm KOSMO Panel

DETAILS IN @Caustic ‘s Post Below!!!

8 Likes

Ok folks, @d42kn355 has given me the reins for running this challenge.

Scavenger Hunt!

A list of 31 items to find in LMNC videos! Be sure not to post the links here or its spoiled!

Start / End times of the challenge:

• Start: Sunday, May 10, 2020 04:00 UTC time.
  • End: Sunday, May 17, 2020 04:00 UTC time.

Check the time here if you want:
https://time.is/UTC

Here is a countdown timer to the end of the event:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200517T04&p0=1440&msg=SCAVENGER+HUNT+-+The+First+LMNC+Forum+Giveaway!+&font=slab&csz=1

The way this works:

The goal is to find as many of these 31 items, and send me via Direct Message the link to the video including timecode. These will only be found in Sam’s videos for the “LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER” channel under “uploads”. To align everyone, below is a link to all of the videos that are in this chellenge:

Click the share link in the video:

Then, you just paste that link to me, as well as the name of the item you are after in a DM. To send a DM to me, click your name at the top right, click messages, then click the yellow new message button.

Just add my name to this message, and i would appreciate if you made the subject “Scavenger Hunt”, so it is easier for me to look through.

Some clarifications:

1. In the event that there is an item that appears in multiple videos, it still counts if you give me a video timestamp that shows it in a place, even if its not where i wrote it down.

2. Many items have qualifiers like the Bop-it laying on a Furby Organ. That one only counts if you find the scene with a bop-it laying on the furby organ.

3. I am not participating.

Here are some clues:

1. If it is in quotes, it was said in the video by someone / something (most likely Sam).
  2. Everything here is found in the LMNC channel’s uploads only. I did not repeat videos, so only one clue per video. Some are harder than others.

Who wins?

The winner will be the one who has sent me the greatest number of time codes for items from this list that are verified. The first place winner gets first pick of the panels on offer from @d42kn355. The second place winner gets second pick. Should there be a tie for either placing, we will address that as follows:

• If there is a tie for first place, if there are only two people tied, then both the first and second place prizes will be awarded to each. First pick will go to the person who sent their last entry sooner.
  • If there is a tie for first, and there are more than two people OR a tie for second, I will come up with a few more difficult items, which must be found within a shorter time frame. If this still results in a tie, we will do a drawing for it.

I will post the list below to keep this easier to reference later for people. I will post the list at the start of the challenge.

4 Likes

THE LIST:

1. Satellite Dish
  2. Minion Toy Circuit Bend
  3. Pink Little Tikes Car
  4. Truffles plays a solo
  5. "A Box of Misc Screws! (and a Can of Baked Beans)"
  6. “Smells like Green Mile”
  7. A Bop-it laying on the Furby Organ
  8. Tony the Tiger
  9. Cheese Grater
  10. Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Cover)
  11. "2000 Volts of Pure Angry”
  12. Norman, the Common House Plant
  13. A Dino named Kyo Ryo
  14. Figurine of a Clock Man
  15. Kosmo Tape-O-Nator 3000
  16. Sam in a Firefighter Uniform (Including Hat!)
  17. Canned Thunder Noisemaker
  18. Oscilloscope Love at First Sight
  19. Pink Cassette Tape
  20. "The Big Bang"
  21. Knock-off LEGO Car
  22. “War of the Roses”
  23. Playstation 3
  24. Giant Metal Slide
  25. Tin Foil Hat
  26. A Box Full of Watches
  27. Foil Mawashi (Sumo Wrestler Pants)
  28. Furby-Cording Studio
  29. Santa Furby under the Tree
  30. Blue Jays
  31. "Barnsley Football Club Tattoo"
6 Likes

this is awesome guys!!! hahaha the list took me down memory lane! I dont know all of the, but a few reminded me. awesome :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh man, I thought I’d watched a lot of LMNC videos, but I recognize maybe two of these? (but one is from one of my favourite video intros of all time, so I approve of this list).

5 Likes

There is definitely a mix of difficulties here. I didn’t want it to be so easy that everyone got it by the end of the week. Some really are pretty difficult, so don’t fret if you don’t get them all.

Just a reminder, i tried my best to ensure there were no repeats, and I only used one video per item. So unless you found another copy of something listed in a video i did not anticipate, then once you find something in that video, you can “mark it complete” as it were.

3 Likes

Bump up the post, bump it up, while your feet are stompin’

3 Likes

Hoping to see some Participation!!!

3 Likes

We are already getting some submissions, dont hesitate to send me a message with some that you have found!

2 Likes

figures a month and a half off and I had to go back to work this week, so I don’t have as much time to spend on this . I will still try though , love Sam’s vids .

4 Likes

There is still time! Get out there and find some stuff!

2 Likes

Great stuff!! Hope I find some time to participate!

3 Likes

Fast approaching 2 days left folks! Get out there and find some stuff!

3 Likes

Only two days left!

1 Like

ONE DAY AND SOME CHANGE LADIES AND GENTS!!!

Excited to finish the Giveaway!!

2 Likes

(Work week is finally over, and I’ve watched tonight’s awesome music livestream (*) twice so will see if I can block out some time tomorrow to watch some old LMNC videos)

(*) no, not Sam’s, that’s on Sunday.)

4 Likes

We are nearing the end of this contest! several people have already submitted to me their lists! Many people have found items others havent! Feel free to continue sending me your finds throughout the window! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only 3 hours left folks, get those last minute submissions in if you want them to count!

2 Likes

Down to the wire folks.

1 Like

Time’s Up! The results are in, here are the winners:

First Place goes to: @ChristianBloch with a whopping 26!

Second Place goes to: @Dud with 20!

Third Place goes to: @popflier with 16!

@d42kn355 has agreed to extend the winnings to third place!

Thank you all for playing, @d42kn355 will get with each of you and arrange the details.
I will post the key for the answers below for the curious!

1 Like