Power supply? Help please

So here is the background for me, made a bunch of the diy stuff, but bought a microzeus to power it all. Short version, its not enough amps. I dont know electrical engineering, i solder stuff like the picture (think adult legos).

I got a programable (bench?) power supply, BUT, I have no idea how to use it, and would much rather have a thing in the rack that i just plug into the wall.

1. How do i connect the modules ive made to the power supply i have? Theyve been made for 16 pin.

2. What should i be looking for for power supplies that is just plug and play? Cause im gonna expand obviously, thats how this goes.

Depending on the wall wart you are using, the µZeus should be able to supply 2 A +12 V and 0.5 A -12 V. Most modules typically use 10 to 20 mA on the - rail so that’s 25 to 50 modules it can supply in principle. Are you sure you need more power than that? It’ll supply less if the wall wart isn’t up to it, but you can use up to a 3000 mA wall wart to get the full capability.

The µZeus comes with flying bus boards, i.e. ribbon cables with multiple headers. Modules would connect to them via ribbon cables, either 16 conductor or 10 conductor depending on which header the module has, with a 16 position connector on the bus board end of the ribbon cable either way. There’s only enough connectors for 10 modules on 2 “bus board” cables but you can add a third, or, and I’d recommend it if you’re drawing lots of current, you could replace them with PCB bus boards (more robust and higher current capacity than the “flying bus boards”) connected via a ribbon cable to the µZeus.

(Or, wait, do you mean how to connect them to your bench supply? That’d depend on the bench supply.)

A second µZeus, I’d say.

There are many eurorack powersupplies you can buy. Check the total power consumption of your devices and make your pick. I’ve been using CP1A power supplies by Behringer for my rack which consists of several 3U high 19 inch wide racks, every 2 sections are independently powered by one. They are short circuit proof, have proven to be reliable and last but not least are affordable. I also like the fact that I can switch on/off parts of the rack from the front panel.