Polyend Tracker

The heart says yes but the bank account says please, do not

Yeah, I saw this about a while ago and it does look good, but didn’t excite me as much as the tracker, though I think it might be more capable. The internal sampler and storage of the Tracker appeals too, since I move around a fair bit.

Aaaah tempt me not! I have a regular keystep already, and I like it but feel I should’ve gotten a beatstep pro. I’d like to have a play on some of these in person first but it seems harder and harder to find shops to do it in these days

3 Likes

Keystep’s polyphonic seq is good, beatstep pro’s patterns etc are great. Keystep pro have both, and dont even need to quantize.

3 Likes

yeah I hear that ! . my mail day posts have been a bit slim these days too .

3 Likes

I am thinking of buying a sequencer and the Polyend tracker looks like a nice way to make songs. I remember downloading and playing lots of mod files back in the eighties nineties :slightly_smiling_face:, but never got around making any tracks.

Do any of you own a Polyend tracker, and if so, what are your experiences with it and do you recommend it?

2 Likes

I dont own one. But i would recommend getting familiar with tracker software first like milky tracker or renoise. The benefit of a polyend is that it isnt just a hardware sequencer/tracker, but it also has a sound engine on board.

https://woolyss.com/tracking-trackers.php

Try out Milkytracker, its free and will be a good dip into tracker style music making. Last thing you want is some kit that doesnt vibe with a workflow you want.

2 Likes