My Arduino DIY MIDI Sequencer

Figured I’d post this to LMNC since the project has grown from building the LMNC Big Button trigger sequencer. A full length demo video will be coming shortly:

Short Demo Video

Sequencer features –

• 8 polyphonic note tracks, 16 drum tracks. Drums record at 1/16the note intervals, notes default to 1/16th notes, but can record 1/32nd notes. Four banks of up to 16 bar patterns. No limit on steps (other than memory).

• Full MIDI channel matrix mapping. Each drum track can map to a separate midi channel (supporting multiple drum sources). Record pitch wheel, mod wheel and CC messages from master controller. Remap mod wheel to CC messages. Patch changes from sequencer panel can be recorded. Save global “drum maps” configurations (drum map = track midi channel + midi note + velocity level + accent level). Raise, lower, normalize or maximize note velocities at track level. Transpose.

• pattern/bank copy/paste. Fill all 16 bars of pattern with first N bars (dupe). Step edit and record with 303 like rests/slides.

• Arpeggiator, Turing machine, Chord machine and pattern randomizer. More in the works.

• 1/8 note and 1/16 note swing. Final PCB will have clock trigger in/out and 8 drum trigger outs. Also 2 MIDI ins and outs allowing for 2 master controllers and up to 32 MIDI out tracks.

• Arduino Due based. SD card for storing settings and projects.

• Lots more

• Open source will be Arduino code + EasyEDA schematic / PCB files + my sources for parts.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum !

more easy to see it :wink:

(put the YT link alone on one line)

Nice work !

6 Likes