PCB sub board pin header issues

anybody else found connectivity issues between main pcb and sub pcb using the pin headers.

I found it first on the dual vca where the gap created by the jacks is larger than that filled by the sub boar, headers and alpha pots. i had to add extra washers to make sure the pin headers were fully inserted otherwise the connection was poor.

Had the same on my own mixer.

think i will order some extra washers to pack between the pots and panel.

1 Like

In the same situation I might be tempted to improvise washers from wads of newsprint or thick card. If it’s behind a panel the looks aren’t so important, and paper and card give your assembly some resilience.

Probably depends on exactly which headers, pots, and jacks you use. I’ve had no trouble getting mine to work though I think I have used washers behind the panel at times.

3 Likes

I thought the VCA was dud at first, its only a couple of mm gap but the mechanical movement causes cracks an pops.

Ordered a pack of 50 M7 washers should do the trick.

I expect some people may get the issue and not realise at first. Probably pule their hair out tryig to work out what’s wrong.

1 Like

You need to push the headers together snugly. I like using 10mm spacers as well for security. Then if there’s unevenness in the heights of the jacks, pots, switches, correct that with washers.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’ve never had a problem with my designs, usually the last thing I solder on. I use tayda jacks and headers