My naked midi keyboard

Don’t worry, I’m not naked, playing a midi keybaord. Instead of finishing other projects… I start new ones lol… I need a standalone midi keyboard so I don’t have to boot up the compooper to be a usb host to make the bleepbloops go… so I went a organ hunting, and found a donor… a lowrey pagent. and in my organ harvesting I also got a eg&g SAD-512D bucket brigade delay… WooooT! :grin: so here’s the rough mock up… its “lettin it all hang out” I’ve got some other tricks up my sleeve once the pots go in… neat stuffs I tell ya!

ok time to go silent for abother 2 months! See some of y’all on the next live-stream chat!

9 Likes

I’m about 100% sure I’ve used this before, but…

That’s really cool looking though!

2 Likes

That looks like a rather cool thing… skeletal!

2 Likes

For some reason I was drawn to the image of Terry Jones sitting naked at the organ in Monty Python.

4 Likes

Ahhh… my (inner) eyes!!!

2 Likes

I have to grumble for a minute… tried like hell to get the teensy to scan the key matrix, fail, fail, fail fail… Grrr… can’t get it for the life of me… I broke down and bought a keystep… to be continued some other time lol

4 Likes

Sad news. Still, keeps the old retail therapy monkey snugly on our backs. I’ve too much old MIDI kit to think of a keystep but I think one day an “all in one place” controller might be a cool project. Like the ‘cheapstep’.

3 Likes

Not to encourage more mindless consumerism, but the Keystep is just as peachy with old MIDI as it is with new. My 5-pin only gear likes it just as well as any MIDI over USB.

1 Like

Oh now that’s just not fair… Now I’ll have to make space for it. if only there were a cheap one? ??

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean by cheap, but there’s the KeyStep and the KeyStep Pro. The former is cheaper (and of course not as full featured), $129 vs $399 at Sweetwater. I got a open box KeyStep from ProAudioStar for $100.

3 Likes

Thanks. Starting a FunDmenow campaign on another thread. *

*(Dear Admin. I’m not. Really.)

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like they’re about £80 ($100) Mint used on Reverb.

2 Likes

Ok Folks! I’m off a googlin with the kids shoe money. :slight_smile: …one of us! …one of us!

2 Likes

… But don’t give up on the keybed. Never got to work is still better than give up on.

4 Likes

Incidentally, I acquired this at the end of March, accidentally had it shipped to my work address and it’s been sitting in the mailroom at work until yesterday:

6 Likes

is it actually yours , you did buy or is there someone out there looking for the lost order

1 Like

LOL, no it’s mine. Work just wasn’t letting anyone pick up non-essential mail until recently.

1 Like

Great , just checking not blaming .

1 Like

Phew! No one asked why a married synth DIY has large purchases delivered to work…
… as you were. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

she dont like you being a moneyspender in these times? Its okay I once had my boss order a 1974 LTD Front and back bumper set to our tiny office as he set it in the corner and mirrors and then 2 fenders , wtf?

1 Like