My naked midi keyboard

There’s also the “you’ve got a big package waiting for you on the porch and it’s supposed to rain today” explanation (Not to point accusing fingers at my beautiful bride.)

2 Likes

I recently got a good deal on a used keystep / volca keys combo. Really love the Keystep and the volca is growing on me.

2 Likes

Those Volcas get a better and better reputation all the time for something you could easily carry in a fat man’s pocket. If you get a chance, would you do us a little sample track on the “Music Share Thread?”

1 Like

Sure, I’ve never put together a sample pack, any tips other than just get good separation between the sounds to facilitate sampling?

I’m still learning to get the most out of the Keys so might be a week or so - Ultimately I went a bought one because I see Burg at Ollielaboraties on YT using it all the time despite owning all kinds of more expensive synths.

1 Like

Reading all this stuff about having packages delivered to work, I realise what a saint my wife is. I would never even think of hiding my purchases from her.

3 Likes

Also, just to be crystal clear, neither would I from mine. This has gone off the rails.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s not a thing in the UK, but if your employer is big enough to have people handling incoming mail & deliveries it’s not that unusual that they can handle also private packages, including signing off on your behalf. It’s not like the courier companies mind; it’s more convenient for them too.

Gets a bit complicated when your place of work unexpectedly shuts down due to Covid, though…

4 Likes

The only issue i had with my volcas was there was a mains hum in the audio out, this happens when you power them with the wall only.

They are great synths for the price, most all of them are at least “ok”. The aftermarket prices reflect this pretty well. The FM is a standout i think, but the keys is a good one as well.

3 Likes

My fault. Just stirrin’.
Joking not judging :slight_smile:
I once had a piano delivered to my office as I lived offshore on an island with no parcel delivery. Took 6 volunteers half a day to push through the streets to a ferry. Then 4 to push to my home (2 quit when they realized I not only lived on an island but at the top of a huge hill!)

3 Likes
3 Likes