My build progress

In an effort to stay out of the litany of dumbassary thread - how bad of an idea is it to run two of these off of one wall wart?

4 Likes

To be honest ive been wondering that myself. I imagine its just a matter of AMPs provided by the wallwart compared to the module draw.

I would like someone to chime in on this though, cause i dont have a big system right now.

2 Likes

There is no problem, you just need to make sure your wall wart has enough power (at least 2A) and the same phase of the AC must be applied to the inputs of the two Frequency Central boards as one side is connected directly to the ground output.

3 Likes

See illustration here:

(and this post for why)

4 Likes

What are you up to ?!? :slight_smile: May I ask how many hundred modules you want to power? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The answer to this is obviously “all the hundreds” :rofl:

4 Likes

Aye, think big or go home! :smiley:

2 Likes

Got the Enclosure drilled and everything lined up for DOGVOICE -
Just waiting on some b10k pots to finish it off :smiley:
Very excited - as I am making this FOR Peter Blasser. (ciat-lonbarde) :smiley:
He suggested I finish an instrument and we work out a trade :slight_smile:
So he is getting a DOGSCRATCH along with this DOGVOICE and I might complete one of my SLOPES (which is 6 of the Swoop Triangle Generators) for him as well.

10 Likes

Get a room guys!!

This does look so good.

1 Like

Possibly relevant, informational only, no endorsement implied:

3 Likes

90 so far with 2/3rds of them working , still trouble shooting tweaking the rest [ not my favorite part ] . and an other 1/2 doz. pcbs on the bench . the last year and a half 's worth of work , I have found pulling parts , soldering , making the panels very zen like in these crazy times .

2 Likes

I need to get my finger out,

I have transfered all my Kicad files from my old work laptop ( its supposed to have gone back two months ago ( replaced by a new one)) to my DAW PC. So I can revise and finalise some designs now. It seems like years since I was able to do this on my lashed up desk at home.

Drone no1 still to finish…

Just need some mental energy to be bothered, day job just so busy have none left…

Droned away, Happy Halloween everyone!

9 Likes

It’s Alive :smiley:

5 Likes

Totally get the name after listening to that. A synth that barks and howls at the moon!

4 Likes

Just posting a video with the controller in use.

Closeup of all the knob states on the screen:

8 Likes

I think physical controllers is defo the bridge for me from real to software. It’s the same with the DMX lighting stuff, yeah the software is awesome, but trying to adjust something like a Moving Head in real time with a mouse and a pixle knob usualy ends in something other than you intended… Great work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been doodling ideas for a physical controller for my Yamaha TX81 FM module to replace the dive-or-die menu system. How did you start to map this out? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Not sure exactly what you mean, but if you mean you have a lot of menu diving, you need to learn if the cat has midi controlles for those, or if the controlles hidden in the menu are assignable via your daw.

1 Like

I looked at the manual for an item called Yamaha TX81Z, I hope this is right for your module. Starting on page 67 there is a whole large section outlining how the parameters can be changed by sending System Exclusive messages over MIDI. Changeable parameters including voice edit (VCED), voice edit additional (ACED), performance edit (PCED) and many other types of parameter can be sent to the module in this way.

If you don’t already have this manual you can find it by searching on “Yamaha TX81 manual”. Manualslib is one website that will let you download it free, just pass the annoying “identify the crosswalk” test.

3 Likes