My build progress

I need a phone to banana cable for my multimeter frequently enough that I finally decided to sacrifice an old pair of cheapo probes and solder them onto a plug. Only to discover that the bananas in question were to short for my meter. No matter, that’s what pliers are for!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Nice one! Also nice beer…

2 Likes

Here’s an example of a cable tree. It’s a bit like a coat stand. This one is in the form of a DIY project.

http://www.tellun.com/motm/diy/cabletree/cabletree.html

3 Likes

Backs of chairs was so two days ago

3 Likes

but the pipes an stuff look cool …

1 Like

It’s beautiful!……………

1 Like

Ridiculously expensive as specified. But if you make your own cable holders and use a cheap second hand coat stand or standard lamp for the base it can be just as good.

A cable holder is essentially a crude comb made by cutting into a flat plate or panel of rigid material such as wood or metal. It’s held horizontal on the tree so that you can hang the cables between the teeth of the comb, which are far enough apart to take the cable but too narrow to let the plug pass between them. You could hang longer cables higher up and shorter cables lower down, on different cable holders.

2 Likes

Made a black MikroKosmos (was short a 50k pot for the other one but it’s also mostly done.

Also I started in on this module:

5 Likes

speaker tripods are vitualy worthless second hand… I have a couple i think sitting outside at the workshop…

could also use a MIC stan, they are worthless too… Have a couple of them… Guess they may Sink with the weight though.

too much of a footprint for me though, takes up too much space…

I do have some shop cloths stands, they could also be adapted…

2 Likes

My technology of choice for saving space is velcro. Already a lot of USB cables come with velcro fasteners, so I have taken to putting self adhesive eye pads on vertical surfaces. This in itself could be used to hold individual patch cables. A more practical solution is to have a “rail” made of the eye pad material (which I buy in tape form) and attach the hook pads to cup hooks and other kinds of holder suitable for holding several cables.

1 Like

The Pomona cable holders are pieces of bent sheet metal selling for $15 and are sized for only one cable diameter each. Nails and wood scraps are essentially free and you can vary the spacing as you like.

I had a little-used mic stand sitting around, did go ahead and buy a mic stand to tripod adapter, to screw into a 1/4-20 t-nut.

3 Likes

just made slices into plywood and screwed that to the end of my module boxes

10 Likes

First building in a few weeks, @d42kn355 dual LPG and fancy sample and hold module!

Just need a couple bits for each

7 Likes

Okay friends. Here is my first completed module (not much more than an LED). It needs a name. Ideas?

8 Likes

I almost finished the (Ken Stone) Serge Triple Waveshaper. One of the CV inputs isn’t working properly yet. I’ll fix that tomorrow.

I thought I could get away with one piece of strip board but ended up with a double-decker. Oh, well.

4 Likes

How about “Dialup”?
_

4 Likes

Dialup is rad.

Here’s where I’m at with it loaded in a temporary spot. I’ll likely move it up to the top case when I get the megadrone.

5 Likes

It reminds me of this switchboard toy, which was seemingly ubiquitous in the sixties.

$_3

But what your new module really needs is a sterling silver telephone dialer.

4 Likes

Looks super rad! And you got the euro playset! We have super similar setups @heckseven

2 Likes