My build progress

that’d be even easier! Yeah I’m after a CRT for this now, just been doing it on my computer monitor so far but it’s not ideal. Weirdly I’m struggling to find one - I guess they’re so redundant now people aren’t even trying to shift them, they’ve already got to landfill. The only ones I’ve really seen are people trying to take the mick saying they’re for retro gaming and want £50+ for them. I know they are better for old consoles, but they’re still junk to most people

2 Likes

Exactly my issue. Might start asking around locally. Sure there are some local folks with those in a garage or something.

1 Like

There deffo will be! best of luck. My plan is to see if I can salvage one from a psych testing lab once I can get back to the university I work at - there’s piles of them there, I just can’t get through the COVID quarantine zone haha

2 Likes

I just realized I missed the opportunity to call this version “Sloth KAOS”.

4 Likes

A little whiteout here… a little sharpie there…

4 Likes

But then I’d have to build a Cone of Silence, and I can’t find a good schematic.

3 Likes

I think you mean “Kone of Silence”

4 Likes

I haven’t used my CHA/V in quite some time, but here’s mine!

Here’s a user guide :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is the essence of modular for me! And I should probably apply this to more areas in my life! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Finished my first module. Have 3 and a case to go. Also power cables and making my own cables too!

9 Likes

Off to a great start!

2 Likes

Prep done for 2 more AS3340 VCO. Still to finalize my cases so no panel design yet.

It’s a thing. I done it. Which is progress for me.

6 Likes

So I’ve sorta got CV Roolz working.
It definitely reacts to an LFO in the Verso Input.

Bugs:
LED driver isn’t working (dunno why, it’s the same as in my 2-Roll LFO x8)
12v>9v isn’t working (also, same as on my 2-Roll, dunno why…)
Mido is only putting out 3.5v instead of 4.
Positive Pulse Out is generating Negatives like a sandrode (sigh, really no idea why, works fine and only puts out positive on my 2-Roll)

But other than that, it’s neat to see rollz react to control voltages!!

6 Likes

The bass shaking the camera is a nice touch :joy:

2 Likes

Update
I fixed almost all of the bugs except for the Positive Pulse OUT… which is irritating but i’ll get it solved!

And yes, I am totally using @analogoutput 's gate grinder into the Rollz Verso CV Input :smiley:

1 Like

Got almost to the finish line on @CTorp’s Sequential Switch and then discovered my push buttons are slightly too large. Either need to get different buttons or take a Dremel to the panel holes… which probably would be smart but not wise. Anyway, I’m stopping here for now.

6 Likes

Do you have a stepper drill bit or two? It’s been one of my favorite purchases.

4 Likes

I’ll have to check if I have one that goes wide enough.

2 Likes

If you make your panels with the front panel designer from Schaeffer, I would have a design for the 3340 for you and a few others as well. Just say one word and I’ll send you the file. If you don’t like it, you can simply redesign it.

https://www.schaeffer-ag.de/frontplatten-designer

2 Likes

Thank you @THOGRE. The reason I haven’t finalized the panel design is because my final design will be fairly non standard with many functions and circuits combined in single panels and some, like the VCO’s will be hardwired and “patched” by switches rather than cables.
The Shaffer stuff is on my list to look at but as I’ll be using non rectangular and irregular shapes for some I may have to wing it. Cheers

2 Likes