My build progress

I need multiples too. I’ve started a kicad layout for a buffered multiple module but it’s my first time, taking it slow and learning a lot! I’ll upload some pics later and you guys can make fun of me haha

4 Likes

Here’s the completed mixer / buffered multiple:

The cigar box wood works fine, the rigidity is perfectly fine. I reinforced the corners with hot glue so they shouldnt split because they are a corrugation situation.

9 Likes

Nice I like it :us: Are you using the buffered multiple to split pitch cv to the oscillators and then mix them in one module? Because my mission is being able to control a triple oscillator setup once I get VCAs
@Caustic

2 Likes

Nice take and I like the color scheme. Punchy!

4 Likes

That is indeed what im using it for. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I woulda done neon pink and blue, but i dont have that. Im trying to avoid buying stuff for a while cause of shit that going down. Sides, happy accidents and all that.

5 Likes

The colors are nice and bright. Has a chalk on blackboard vibe to it too

4 Likes

Ok we are definitely on the same page right now lol. Is your mixer circuit lmnc?

3 Likes

I think I need to build a case, was going to use a modded 19" rack but it’s not ideal…

Not sure I have any timbre or sheet spare though.

5 Likes

i think they use bamboo for some of their modules faceplates :+1:

3 Likes

I bashed together lmnc super simple mixer with a buffered multiple. They share the same power, similar function, and the chips are all just op amps. So I mushed them together. If ppl want a stripboard + Bom I will make it. It works well. Only difference is I didn’t have 100k pots, so I used 10k. Works just fine when you replace the resistors in the design with 10k resistors. See my post about the super simple mixer to see why.

4 Likes

I would be curious to see both man, here is the buff mult circuit I’m building from:

Taken from guy dave on this other forum
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74951&sid=21f33050b18cd20f5182de12be0fbc91&start=25

My first kicad schematic I got it in the computer and have my footprints done and have started working on pcb layout and traces.

4 Likes

E96 resistors? Does the designer work for a resistor manufacturer? :smiley:

2 Likes

I was wondering about some of his resistor values? Like 301…from what I gather that’s smd code for 300R? I just swapped them for typical resistors in my schematic

3 Likes

301 is an E48 value, for 49.9k and 107k you need E96:

DIY designs tends to stick to E24 or even E12 values, since they’re easier to source and more likely to be something you already have, and the relative component values are usually a lot more important than the absolute values anyway (which is why you sometimes need to match resistors by hand). I guess some designers consider that too limiting :smiley:

5 Likes

Gluing washers on the underside of a wooden panel mounting hole can stop the splits which occur when you undo and move them. Putting wide washers on either side stops switches and pots bending and splitting the surface. You can also use wood hardener (even on cardboard) for more reinforcement. (Too many years building scratch and c.box instruments and watching jack and power sockets disappear inside old amps when touring)
Super glue is your friend. Enjoy

3 Likes

Curious about putting in both 1/4“ and 3.5mm jacks. Is anyone bothering with switching jacks or just wiring in parallel (or series I suppose)?
Apologies if this is a DAQ

1 Like

Hey, thanks for putting that link up there, @fredrik! I’d always been curious about this but never knew what question to ask or had someone to ask it of.

I’m a super glue fiend. I have a lot of DND terrain which I swear is 50% hit glue. Good tip m8 thanks.

2 Likes

Ah the smell of a fresh dnd diorama!! That takes me back. Hmm wonder if the same techniques could be applied to modular panels?
(Of course but would it look good?)

3 Likes