My build progress

Same, if I’m doing something for somebody else I’ll do it properly. Also enjoy not giving a funk. :laughing:

4 Likes

We all like one or more LEDs in our modules, don’t we?
And it has been mentioned quite a few times that modern LEDs can emit quite a bit more light than you would want, and that big series resistors can remedy this.

You basically need a specific minimal voltage depending on the color and then not too much current to light them up. There are various ways to achieve this. Today I came across a method I had not seen before. You may consider using this in you next build:

The best part of this method is maybe that you get a drone for free.

2 Likes

I build the WSG on Stripboard from the MFOS Site, a few months ago, all i can say is "its a …weird…sound…generator…thingy !! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the wax cord looks great has that “vintage” look to it . and makes things nice and tidy !

2 Likes

After a good long while, I finally finished building my MFOS dual lin/log VCA that I traded with @d42kn355. It’s an SMD Eurorack adaptation and the board is made for 1206 footprints, but I used all 0805. It made for some neat joints, though the components just barely reached the pads:

7 Likes

It’s a great little VCA!! :smiley: Glad you got around to throwing it together!

2 Likes

Just had to wait for my resistor and capacitor sample books to show up from AliExpress :laughing:.

7 Likes

I’ve been meaning to order some of those! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh,yeah, and 200 TL074’s :crazy_face:.

8 Likes

Wow, a month’s supply!

7 Likes

Brother might want to start checking Craigslist for a used pick-and-place robot!

4 Likes

Made significant progress yesterday:

• Wrapped up the thre VCOs.
  • Put together two mini ADSRs
  • almost finished the Quad VCA mix

I’m not sure what to do about the long stem on the VCOs. Any recommendations on how to cut them down are welcome. I’m thinking of breaking out the Dremel.

7 Likes

Definitely the Dremel. You want something that’ll cut through without putting a lot of stress on it.

3 Likes

Yeah. That’s my main concern. Might put the stem in a vice grip (after removing it from the faceplate) to prevent stress.

3 Likes

did you have to do anything to stop the switch rotatingin the hole?

Powered up yet?

1 Like

If you’re asking how I prevented it from spinning in the faceplate, I just tightened it down a bit. All three VCOs have been powered up and all the pots/jacks quickly tested. No issues so far.

4 Likes

Yeah, I also just tightened it enough for it to stay put.

2 Likes

maybee i have cheaper switches, the strain was stripping the threads, so i drilled a slot for the locating pin… Nice and solid now.

1 Like

Looks like the stem is made of plastic. No problem, if you have some sharp wire cutting pliers.

2 Likes

Finally got the pretty side squared away (except knobs, obvs). Now for the ugly side.

11 Likes