My build progress

I used to have chickens. They weren’t much help.

7 Likes

only with breakfast .

5 Likes

Well, there was a rooster who pissed off my wife once too often, and was helpful with dinner.

4 Likes

You should really look into making cases commercially. They sell for wild amounts of money.

EDIT: By “should” I mean you totally could if you wanted to :grinning:

5 Likes

Do you get a box of eggs with the case?

3 Likes

Do you have a reference for the schematic? Where did you get it from?

actually got it from this forum

it had a lot of likes so i figured it had to be right! one other person asks about method 2 as well. i wonder who made it originally.

1 Like

That is a risky assumption. You will find that many people on this forum alone have experienced that a published (often copied) schematic is not necessarily a trustworthy one. So some people have ended up with electronics that just did not work because the designs were flawed. That is why amongst other after some discussion @Doolang started the Verified Stripboard Layouts! and some people started adding annotations like ‘untested’ or ‘tested’ or ‘working’ etc. to the schematics/designs they upload.

5 Likes

There’s also this thread about that, with a @analogoutput 's verified schematic

1 Like

Reminding myself how Sketchup works

9 Likes

But that’s just a case where the pot in question is a voltage divider, so already producing an internal CV, and you just need to add an external CV to it. I take it the present instance is with a pot acting as a variable resistor, and that’s different and harder.

3 Likes

:smiley:

5 Likes

Oof. No comment.

Good luck using it for anything 3d printing related.

1 Like

I got the Quad VCA up and working tonight. It was a bit of work putting the front panel on before soldering all the pot’s and switches. Best thing is it worked first time. Now I need to make more patch leads.

4 Likes

Built the circle synths today:

14 Likes

Finished the @jkb Spring Reverb that I got from @JUXTAPOZ74:

The wet/dry crossfade curve isn’t great, but otherwise it sounds fantastic!

12 Likes

So … How would you fix that? :wink:

4 Likes

Nice! Any suggestions on improvements or pull requests are welcome :smiley:
What kind of reverb tank are you driving with it? Did you adjusted any resistor values?

3 Likes

Haven’t looked at enough to have any suggestions, it just seems to turn down the dry signal too quickly and the wet signal up to slowly, resulting in a volume drop in the middle of the range. I just followed the silk screen for the resistor values.

The only tank I’ve tried came out of an old live PA mixer, but I have a smaller one to try from a different old mixer as well as a more current large one from Thonk that I normally use with my Music Thing Modular spring reverb module.

Finally, the resonance range and controllability are great!

2 Likes

Word to the wise: those switches on the doom need to be grounded, so use ones with a thread. I used smooth ones and ended up soldering them to the front panel, which is not ideal because I can no longer easily take it apart and it doesn’t look fantastic, exactly.