My build progress

LOL yeah I hear you , same here don’t think I will ever get completely “organized”.

2 Likes

Wrapped up the builds for my other 2 VCOs. Next, a mixer and multi.

15 Likes

they look awesome. You had those panels fabbed?

3 Likes

Caustic did a detailed writeup here:

5 Likes

My build today was the case. A lot i will end up fixing later, but for now, its serviceable! Its been hell not having someplace to put modules, so much so that it was making me not want to build more. Now that ive got a place for em, no excuses!

11 Likes

Great job! You gonna paint it before the itch?
(Once you have a case you have to build to fill it mate)… :joy:

3 Likes

yeah i think that might have been my mistake too, building a lot of cases to fill . naw f-ck that lets start filling up those cases !

3 Likes

Still life with safety valve.

Its not finished just thought I would share. The hole in the center will have a purple jewel amp light.

13 Likes

Quick build (never get enough of these)
The brilliant FC power board.
Needed a new power supply for next project.
Don’t watch this space, progress here is Very slow. Enjoy

7 Likes

Built one of these, trying to figure out how to use it now :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Currently it’s giving me the finger

11 Likes

HAH-it looks as though the pianist from “GATTACA” is trapped in your rack somewhere. Sounds like more polyphony for you!

3 Likes

love a reference from my favourite movie ever.

1 Like

I ended up staining it and adding the rest of the design. I regret staining it, its a bit splotchy since i didnt have the right kinda brush. This led me to lay it on thick. After a bit of sanding and gentle care it turned out ok. Its a sturdy build, and everything is flush and not wobbly. As far as function is concerned, i couldnt have asked for more. Tool first approach. I just need to convert some of my projects into panels now!

11 Likes

Very nice! 21 modules?

@Caustic

1 Like

I made it so it has room to grow. I don’t have a problem with empty space!

5 Likes

I made this (actually last weekend.) It’s a <$10 function generator. I got to thinking about how the Electric Druid Envelope Generator chip is just a PIC and wanted to see if I could do something similar with the ATTiny84 and an MCP4131 digital pot. I went ahead and put in an order at JLPCB so hopefully having it in that makes it behave a little better, but it proved the concept for my purposes:

It does get a little “steppy” on the pitch side here, but that may just be the splitter cable. The cycle was working before I started shooting but no longer…
7 Likes

Is there a reason for using a digipot instead of a dedicated DAC, or was it just what you happened to have nearby?

(off the top of my head, digipots usually have lower resolution, but maybe they have lower scale error? off to read the datasheets :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

So I woke this morning to the alarm got dressed put on the tea started making lunch , thats when my wife asked me what I was doing . I said getting ready for work ,laughing she told me it was Sunday lol . dam things are screwed up . but hey I put the day to good use, finished wiring up the dual ADSR and put the components on two dual VCA’s from MFOS [ Ray Wilson’s designs ] .

7 Likes

9 Likes