My build progress

Well, after all, there are zillions (OK, dozens) of suppliers of VCOs and filters, but if you want a flame-controlled CV source, there’s only one place to go.

6 Likes

:fire: LOL . and lets not forget the sausage synth .

1 Like

yeah this is why I have bought this guys stuff . definitely worth supporting this genius ,
like Sam .

1 Like

It is finally a real synth now. I sort of abandoned the aluminum case for this synth, because I needed a bigger PSU. The Kosmo case turned out great, and just putting some tiny jacks that are normaled to the basic ins and outs on there makes it super versitile.

6 Likes

I have four of the Barton Analogue Drum Modules here. Great modules. I have modified them to Kosmo format.

4 Likes

Yes Barton are a great creative guy !

I already like a lot this module :slight_smile:

For me it is part of the series of texture modules, such as Wave Folder, Timbre, Wave shaper …

I’ve not yet making a vid with it because i can’t test my new modules for the moment

Here’s the Barton MULTI PWM demo :

6 Likes

Sensible builders work on one module at the time…

I’m not one of them.

Working on a BMC percussion section, with 2x analog drum, 2x fm drum, 2x decaying noise. I will also add one of his dual logic modules, which I want to mod for CV-addressable gate types.

9 Likes

Today an Active Real Ring Modulator (from Ken Stone)

after being in a box, then a passive module, then with opamp add test, this ring modulator may finally become a real module with this circuit :slight_smile:

10 Likes

All these posts with people building modules!!! I am waiting for panels and pcb’s to arrive from England. Australian Post is slower than ever. :frowning:

1 Like

Excited to see and hear this one!

1 Like

Yes i too can’t wait to listen to it :grin:
even if i allready know how it sound

1 Like

On 10cm I still had a little room, I added another mini circuit to my Utility module : a little Glide with a switch to select a different cap

and with the magic hot glue :slight_smile:

2 positivizers, 2 Attenuverters and 1 Glide

5 Likes

to add on the Unbalanced pot of the Ring Mod :slight_smile:

answer

5 Likes

I’ve started working on my Minibrute this morning - only got a couple points soldered in before work, but it’s a start.
Basically going to be adding in some patch points - mostly outputs - to interface with my modular rig. Still going through the list and deciding what I want, but starting out with the VCO waveforms and envelope outs, as I know I’ll want those.
I need to build a buffer board which I’ll mount with standoffs at the bottom left here (removing the current screws, adding standoffs then replacing with longer screws), but was having a hell of a time cutting down my stripboard to size. The ones I bought locally are significantly thicker than the Tayda ones and they seem to require a bit of work to cut. Plus I was trying to be quiet as the kid was sleeping.

After opening up the synth and taking a look at the board, I’m feeling much better about my soldering skills. This thing is way messier than I was expecting.

4 Likes

Today i’m working on the Balter (Gate delay from NLC)
and for the cap it is written that in the BOM :

1μF x 2 0805 OR 1206 25V rating or higher

i searched and it seems to be a smd ref for a ceramic one

but can i use some electro cap for this ? (like in a glide circuit)
why ?

here’s the schem

I don’t see why not. Seems to me you could use any through hole, electrolytic or MCC or tantalum. Easy enough to breadboard if you’re not sure.

1 Like

…more ch…

EuRolz progress!

4 Likes

What’s with the Vaseline?

2 Likes

Soft-Touch Knobs have pretty tight tolerances on their D-Shaft Knobs - just to ease the knobs onto the pot shaft :slight_smile:

2 Likes