My build progress

I use this schem for 2 CD4017

2 cd4017 - Copie

with this for And gate with diodes

Hardware nearly fully tested (except for MIDI I/O), tomorrow the software !

3 Likes

Small feet’s case (… behind, my Fuby that I started to strip)

the switch and the hook for the mic

A little piece of velcro for the cable

with the mic (yeah! zebra 3 zebra 3 :wink: )

some power :muscle:

light power !

8 Likes

Frank?

2 Likes

No, his French cousin :slight_smile:

Franck?ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

1 Like

I never knew his name, I adopted him.
But in any case he left for asylum.
After trying to replace the crystal with an LTC1799, he was in perpetual glitch until he couldn’t speak at all.
I see he is still alive because he is moving but the situation is critical.

I skalped it to make a kind of Frank Einstein taxidermy, and put his fur on another body.
The illusion will be there, but it won’t bring my … let’s call Franck now.

:grin:

3 Likes

Is now my favourite Einstein.

6 Likes

Had a productive lunch break today:

Just need to make up an IDC cable with enough connecters, build the second VCO - solder the fixed up sub-osc, wait for the rev of my Nucleo ADSR to show up and build that - and finally will have to get the filter design up on a breadboard and eventually onto a PCB.

Cheers,
Jared

5 Likes

It took me quite a while to find the problem. It was difficult to see (even with a magnifying glass) and also difficult to make a picture off. I found a hair thin tear in the vertical copper lane which left the center horizontal voltage float in stead of at 0V.

7 Likes

I check all my solder point with a magnifying glass, but here it was almost invisible.
Good eyes Sherlock Holmes :smiley:

4 Likes

I found it measuring voltages on various spots on the copper strip, then I found a voltage jump and saw a barely discernible tear and put some solder on it. Problem solved.

5 Likes

Today I installed the new VCO in the case and I planned to make a video for my site, but after calibrating it I started patching a few modules, and in fact I spent two or three hours to enjoy with the sounds :airplane:
… maybe my video tomorrow :grin:

6 Likes

looking good ! …

1 Like

I breadboarded a simple MIDI to CV circuit/script — it works!

7 Likes

I have always worried about conditioning digital outputs from an arduino into CV. Are you using a DAC, are you needing to condition the current with an opamp? Im clueless about that stuff.

1 Like

That sounds soooooo familiar to me! :slight_smile:

Just “test” briefly how it sounds … :rofl: :rofl: :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Yeah, this uses a DAC. The pitch CV is scaled to a larger range with a op amp, the velocity, pitch bend, and mod wheel aren’t scaled and maybe could go direct to output but at least for now they have op amp buffers.

1 Like

Hagiwo also did one recently :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you.
Arduino’s midi library is very useful. The most difficult process for me was drilling 15mm hole for MIDI connectors.

1 Like