My build progress

cut cut cut

12 Likes

Getting my case together:

9 Likes

Assembled

The weather is really nice here, I’m going to go outside to paint
after that i will have to wait a few more days before put it inside, because of the smell.

11 Likes

Oh, I’m sure it wouldn’t mind!

4 Likes

I found a 5 liter pot of black for only 10 euros, I said cool to also the next case, but it’s anti-rust paint for metal that stinks really really strong :nauseated_face:

I think @Dud is an octopus…
While he is chatting here with two of his arms, two others are assembling the new case, and I suspect two more are building a new module or two…
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sure I posted this in my thread but i wanna join the cool kids here. lol
Sanding, gluing, filling, sanding then painting planned for today. Mixed with bits of house work ofc.

synthcase

7 Likes

:rofl:
(too cool for the guitar!) but no I’m just taking a short break, besides I go back to cover the flaws with smelly black paint .

1 Like

Hula hoop barbatruc :slight_smile: (hula hoop Kosmotruc)

Now I have to wait for it to dry to be able to turn it over to finish the last side

12 Likes

That looks really nice! What power solution did you go with? Sorry, I don’t recognize it in the photo.

1 Like

While waiting for it to dry, I made a video of another DIY sequencer that I revisited yesterday.

Another 8 step sequencer (CD4017) that I did in 2018 with 2 Osc (APC / CD40106), 4 LFO, 1 VCF ms20 …

when i open it !!! :upside_down_face:

I added a Reset push switch, and as for my other sequencer a switch to cut the internal clock.
and also modified the External Clock in circuit.

Now I can control it with my modular :slight_smile:

(little Miaou of my cat at 0’59 :slight_smile: )

11 Likes

I rolled my own - it’s a Recom module RAC20-12DK for ±12V, a 7805 for the 5V, a few leds and a couple of sockets to distribute gate and cv via the 16pin eurorack style header. Should be enough for the 84HP rails in the case - at least I hope so, haven’t had everything plugged in yet…

2 Likes

Great and Nice job !! I still have some difficulty cutting straight, so I collect cases of wine because drinking is more easily for me… :grin:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s drinking that induce the waviness in the cuts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Incroyable ta machine, boulot monstre !!

1 Like

Muaha your kill me more than a bad alcohol ! :joy: Are you french ? Because your pun sounds very good in french speaking !!

Yes I’m french…
(and a few more characters to reach 20…)

1 Like

(but without working sync yet)
MFOS VC LFO abcd

6 Likes

I have the hardware part of @YMNK ‘s sequencer done. Midi ports are not yet tested, but buttons, leds, display and encoder works! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To continue updating my old DIY sequencer, I tested to also add an external clock input to my CD4017 gate sequencer (16 steps), that I used to trigger lots of bending toys.

I installed the “circuit”, jack and switch (and put the panel to GND :slight_smile: ) like the others.

But after several test/change it does not work with an external clock :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i made this

but as usual I did it a little feeling, surely with errors and a real theoretical look would help me maybe plz.

6 Likes